Page 51 of 330 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 51

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm feeling wrung out. So, I added 600GBP worth of shoes to my Amazon wishlist. It's almost like real shopping.

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Oooh, I like number four, I'm a real sucker for red shoes.

phone call of doom

[light relief from what's going on in Boston, which is beyond awful - all of it from the bombs to the response]

Classmate's mother rang and spoke to husband. Apparently our child enticed her child into the bush instead of going to morning meeting whereupon he persuaded her to remove her underwear and then he 'licked her vagina'.

I can sort of see how this would have (reasonably innocently) happened - we sometimes give each other 'snake kisses' as a trick (on the arm or face, I hasten to add); he's interested in bodies, particularly mine, and I've tried not to give him shame hang ups... However, tomorrow I shall endeavour to ascertain small boy's side of the story and then - whatever his side might be - I shall A/reinforce, yet again, the no touching other people's bodies without their permission/no licking rule together with a new side helping of your bits are only for you, other people's bits are only for them and B/write to his teachers to let them know that this went on on their watch cc'ing the other mother.

Ugh. The little feckers don't come with a manual, do they? It hadn't occurred to husband that little girl might be telling fibs, but it occurred to me as I was a little girl who told fibs (albeit not one quite like that).
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Sam Mendes (he of Skyfall and American Beauty) on returning to Blighty after being in the US - swap America for Australia and you have my sense of dislocation almost perfectly...
    Anyway, the shift back to England was a welcome one. "I tried a bit to become more American when I was doing movies, but I never penetrated certain key things. I don't know how to talk with my crew about what happened last night in the sport. Whereas here I do. I don't know how to read a newspaper in America properly, whereas here I do. I don't know how to watch the news from beginning to end in America, but here I seem to manage to. I like the smell of the streets in the rain here, whereas there I would always want to go inside. This is my home. I never felt it was a permanent thing, being over there. I love New York, but I'm English, and I still feel English and I did when I was there."
    Sam Mendes: life is sweet | Culture | The Guardian

Not feeling like journalling for some reason. Taking a few days off!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Re the wish list shopping - number six, please.

Re the dislocation thing - I never know where I belong. In the US, I miss Europe, and when I am there, I feel über-American. I think the cure is to travel back and forth LOTS when the kids are grown. Smells - nothing screams US to me more than freshly mown fields of hay - nothing like that sweet, green smell in the warm months. Pure, unadulterated, Heartland.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

It's ages since we've talked food, no? So, atm, I'm eating three meals and not drinking alcohol; I've also upped the exercise a little. Need to lose the misery weight before our trip to the UK in...*drumroll*...nine weeks. I think I've lost a little over the months, but nothing to write home about (or visit home with). Hence the back-to-basics approach.

On ANZAC Day I made cream of celery soup with bacon 'croutons'. In true Pamela Mitford style, it was head soup (in that I made the recipe up) and exceptionally fine head soup it was too.

Celery - probably one and a half plants/bunches whatever they are called, leaves removed, washed, roughly chopped
    1.5 onion, diced
    2 cloves garlic whole
    2 tablespoons of coconut oil
    water
    milk powder (we were out of milk on a public holiday - yay for husband's planning skills)
    grated nutmeg (about 1 teaspoon)
    black pepper
    finely chopped parsley
    4-5 rashers smoked back bacon finely chopped and fried until crunchy
    cream - to serve

Gently saute the celery, onion and garlic in the coconut oil for ten minutes or so. Add water, nutmeg, parsley and pepper, put a lid on the pot and simmer for half an hour or so. Add milk powder. Blend.
    Meanwhile, fry off the bacon.
    Serve in large, deep bowls (for we are gluttons) with cream swirled around the top, bacon bits piled in a mound and extra pepper/nutmeg if that floats your boat.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Badger baby - welcome back.......... and that soup sounds devine !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Badger baby - welcome back.......... and that soup sounds devine !
    I had it for lunch again today. It was pretty darn tasty, even if I do say so myself. I'm a huge fan of cauli and blue brie soup too (though my family disdains to join me in that addiction).

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Classmate's mother rang and spoke to husband. Apparently our child enticed her child into the bush instead of going to morning meeting whereupon he persuaded her to remove her underwear and then he 'licked her vagina'.
    Wow Badger, how did you guys deal with this in the end? Some kids are extremely sexual (know that that's a very controversial thing to say...)

Oh, and FYI - I like option four
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat