Page 49 of 295 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 49

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    not recovered because you do not like Australia??????? too far from the motherland ?????? to many changes too soon ??????
    I'm not sure. Not recovered because everything is temporary: I feel homeless. Not recovered because I made too many unthinking sacrifices in the flight to get us here - first Sydney and then to Melbourne. Not recovered because my sense of my own identity seems to have fallen out of the plane somewhere between Heathrow and landing. I miss my friends and my country and my family, but most of all I miss the certainty of knowing who I am.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Oh Badger - you certainly took a huge step heading across the world - however if you hadn't done it - you would always wonder what if !!!!!!!!
    You have certainly given it a damned good go - so what is stopping you from returning ?
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

what is stopping you from returning ?
    On the most basic level, we cannot afford to. Equally, while life would, arguably, be better for me there; we moved to give small boy the best possible chance in life. We live where we do for small boy's school. We make the financial sacrifices we do for small boy's school (it really is an amazing place). I feel that it is a personal failing that I don't seem to be able to make a place for myself here, but then I'm working within crazy limited constraints.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I feel that it is a personal failing that I don't seem to be able to make a place for myself here, but then I'm working within crazy limited constraints.
    Firstly Badger - if I may - you mustn't feel that you have failed because you are not comfortable yet within your neighbourhood.
    Some of us take longer than others of us to feel at home - but that isn't a sign of failure - perhaps more about caution? When we open our inner thoughts and feelings to people, we lay ourselves bare, and when we lay ourselves bare - the possibility of rejection can be huge.
    Secondly the other thing that comes to mind - is about education. Imo children learn huge amounts in the home. School is a place of learning, and tweaking, fine tuning. School should compliment the home learning. So if you have put and are continuing to develop the foundation of your sons learning - then he will make the most of his schooling where ever he may be. I know that not every school is equal/not every teacher is competent - but little man will build on the learning that you have already established.
    I can understand financial stress, the whole emotive thing - but life has to be enjoyed - we are here for such a short time..................... bloody hell - turn me off now - I is really getting deep today !!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

You're not the first one to point out our putting school first approach is counter-productive, but then I firmly believe that this is the best school in Australia, if not the world. Small boy is thriving there and it's a joy to be able to give him that. I loathe where we live - from the micro to the macro - but hopefully we'll not be here forever.

That looks like one very nice school Badger. I am beginning to understand. Do you have any land where you are ?????

...small steps....

That looks like one very nice school Badger. I am beginning to understand. Do you have any land where you are ?????
    We rent a three-bed house with a front and back garden. Meanwhile, our tenants pay our mortgage in the UK. We have all the downsides of the burbs with none of the benefits of either country or city living. And I have a long commute. But it's cheap.

How long is the commute ??? sorry that we are playing 20 questions !!!!!!!

...small steps....

I spend three hours a day travelling. I read. I listen to music. I think. On the worst days I cry. It is a blessing and a curse, because it's my alone time, but it's also lonely time.

That is a huge amount of travel time Badger - but I am sure that you have weighed up all the positives and negetives...............and invariably we do what we think is right at the time. You can't look back, just move forward. I also enjoy my own time - but I do balance that with people time. I have actually found life quite lonely since moving nearer CHCH - but am very slowly getting a wee group of buddies together. I love my time on MDA, and am very fond of my wee online friends. It is nice to be able to bare ones soul and not be judged - to be given support ( not sympathy) and a short sharp kick every now and then!!!! LOL

...small steps....