Page 36 of 311 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 36

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hope it was a good and happily inebriated naming day celebration.... at 36 you are just a young pup!
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 03-08-2013 at 02:35 AM.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Hope it was a good and happily inebriated naming day celebration....
    well Gwamma has certainly celebrated on your behalf.................... possibly now time for bed and a wee bit of rumple - stilt-skin ??????

nothing like a wee bit of rumple ........ when one has a wee skin full ...................

hiccup happy hiccoppy hippicy birthday to a wonderful little Aussi chick
    love and hugs
    Gwamma
    x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to be so late to the party, but - Happy Birthday Badgergirl.

It's a great age and can only get better. Wishing you all good things in the year to come.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Wow, everyone! Thank you for making a girl feel spesh and, Gwamma, one day you and I are going to party together because you're a LOT of fun

Small boy came back from camp bone weary so we had a quiet night - family trip to the local Thai place, bed for him and gin for me. I'm re-reading Perfume at the moment. Such a good book. I need distractions as Crabcakes suggested. I dare not let myself near the laptop after indulging, or at all really, because I'm at risk of becoming a crazed stalker. Stupid fucking bacon. Stupid fucking brain. At this point I don't even know what I'm chasing/craving or why I want it.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Not today. Today it's very hot, for a start. It's a seductive thought though. So, perhaps I haven't quite beaten the birthday blues just yet. Happens every year. I just plummet.

I ordered myself some treats from Amazon, among them Why Be Happy When You Can Be Normal, Jeanette Winterson's autobiography. Skyping with best friend this morning she warned me that it contains adoption triggers. Oh dear, maybe that wasn't the best birthday treat to self. Other items: Desiring Women - the partnership of Virginia Woolf and Vita Sackville-West; The Examined Life - how we lose and find ourselves by Stephen Grosz; England Keep My Bones (CD) Frank Turner.

Hmmm...

The last time I was at a house party in East London I tried to seduce a couple on their first date, by - among other things - showing them my newly acquired nipple piercings. Classy girl, me. They didn't have a second date (sorry, chaps) and some weeks later the guy called and asked if we could go out without his now-ex-date (in his immortal words he was "proper steaming" for me - can't beat Scottish vernacular). Sure thing, but he was away for a while and by the time he came back, I'd fallen for the man who would become husband.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 03-09-2013 at 07:25 PM. Reason: different youtube version
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    At this point I don't even know what I'm chasing/craving or why I want it.
    darling girl - you are craving a party !!!!!! cheap flights - I can pick you up at CHCH airport... boom done !

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    darling girl - you are craving a party !!!!!! cheap flights - I can pick you up at CHCH airport... boom done !
    One day I will take you up on that fabulous offer. You have been warned!

woop woop - where are my party shoes ????????????????????

...small steps....

ezk
    ezk is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    One day I will take you up on that fabulous offer. You have been warned!
    Late birthday lady, the offer stands for the old continent too.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by ezk View Post
    Late birthday lady, the offer stands for the old continent too.
    Cheers.
    I'll start the world tour when the small boy is slightly less small. Excellent, something to look forward to.

Brain is thought soup at the moment - a dark, bubbling bouillabaisse, redolent of seawater and saffron. Uni housemate is back in touch - it's an easy, close friendship that holds its shape through the years without any propping up. Pops is sunshine in human form, never without a smile. Always, always Doc-shod feet dragging everyone on to the dancefloor. A whirling Dervish of warmth and mischief. Where I was always turning towards the dark, Pops was resolutely joyful.

So. It's terrifying to hear her say she doesn't laugh much anymore. Two kids, wet husband, arduous job, mother-in-law who smothers with cloying sweetness.

I can see the two of us in any number of clubs, parties, the JCR, pubs, houses... dancing, always dancing. Laughing. Drinking. Pushing a shopping trolley of bottles home over the railway bridge and being threatened by an old man with a walking stick - I later paid some urchins to return the empty trolley, so worried was I that I was about to cop a beating. Me staying home and typing up her essay so that she could go to a vital lecture. Making vodka jelly shots for breakfast; a flying lesson over Penrith for her 21st birthday. Dressed up as Miss Piggy and Kermit for my 21st and, you guessed it, dancing, dancing, dancing - swapping shoes when Miss Piggy's high-heels became too painful.

It's not that life is without joys (camp has turned small boy from a hugger to a hug-and-kisser - I don't ask any questions, I just enjoy the new-found affection), but somewhere the people we were got lost under roles and responsibilities. Is this what adulthood is? I think we got sold a pup.

I want to dance. I want to sit in dark bars discussing life, love, literature - to me these topics are interchangeable. I want to be overcome with joy and endorphins again. I'm seriously considering advertising.

Help wanted:
    Must love music, decadent excess, physical exuberance, literature, art, theatre, food as performance, emotional instability, naked thought, blood and guts. Must be brave.

When I internet dated I put 'time wasters need not apply' at the bottom of my profile. I don't mince my words. What you see is what you get and I don't filter. Husband was not phased. He's a rare, rare man. He's also not enough.

Bacon man, this one's for you:
    Last edited by badgergirl; 03-10-2013 at 08:04 PM.