Page 309 of 398 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311319359 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 3979

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 309

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I was not retrained, but I never got any special treatment and so I use standard scissors and things (badly, perhaps).
    Nor me, and me, don't use it anymore, but breadknife work was always average as well....

I just lied to get out of - hopefully gracefully - my FiL's 80th birthday lunch.

Ugh.
    I wouldn't be feeling too guilty about that one, if I was you!

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    I'm not talking about it out loud because I've done that too many times before only for nothing to come of it, but husband has a semi-promising lead on a job in Melbourne, in a field closely related to the things he used to do back in the days when he earned money.

This would cause as many problems as it would solve if it came to fruition - the hours would be long and the tenure unstable. I will not put my own role in jeopardy to facilitate his career, given that it is my career that continues in its dull, but dependable, way to put meat on the table, keep a roof over our heads and pay school fees.

I might have to shift my hours back even further or use up my leave to depart an hour early for a few months. We may have to find someone to do the school run (we do not have friends or family to help). Undoubtedly, I will end up doing even more of the house stuff (I already do half or more).

I am already feeling mildly resentful and, as yet, this still remains pie in the sky (I'll believe it when it happens). However, husband could really use some time back in the land of the employed - he's been looking very frail in recent months with papery skin and thinning hair...he's 40 for crying out loud, not 95.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 08-18-2014 at 06:59 PM.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Not completely sure by your post how you want this to go. So, I'll just say that I hope it goes the way that suits you best.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Not completely sure by your post how you want this to go. So, I'll just say that I hope it goes the way that suits you best.
    It would be better for him to work, but with husband work always means 14-18 hour days and everything else gets pushed under the bus. I resent that, particularly when I manage to be the steady earner (chances are he'll be on double what I make, but he works for less than 25% of the time) and keep all the other plates spinning too. I know that I should want this to come good for him, but it'll mean a lot more work for me in terms of parenting and house things.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    If it does come to fruition it will be what he needs after all this time, try not to let your resentment show and maybe things will be easier than you think now small boy is older. I hope this waiting time till you know one way or the other does not last too long, uncertainty can be more stressful than anything.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Ack - hard to know what to wish for here, badger. I am often a single-style mom, time wise, due to hubby's work schedule, but he does carry the house financially, so I think it really doesn't equate. My mom is very much like you, in that she long carries the full-time job and money paperwork, while my dad hasn't seen employment that lasted more than a few months (when he actually had any) since I was in high school, and he adds a lot of emotional drama to each and every day, but my dad can and does shop, cook, clean, and organize with a vengeance (OCD helps in that regard). I totally get your frustration and resentment - I would feel the same way.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

As regular readers will know, I take the small boy's birthday quite seriously. This year is the first I feel comfortable about having the event at home and I am beginning to investigate making the garden a real-life minecraft game with 'pinata' cubes and each child given a 'pickaxe'...

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Bit of a quandry all round, every way is going to be a pain, just hope whatever way it works out or is decided on is the best for everyone

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    As regular readers will know, I take the small boy's birthday quite seriously. This year is the first I feel comfortable about having the event at home and I am beginning to investigate making the garden a real-life minecraft game with 'pinata' cubes and each child given a 'pickaxe'...
    giving children pick-axes? What could possibly go wrong??? Hope you plan to teach the cherubs the Miners song the dwarves sang....

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh wow - my Fourth would ADORE this, even at age 11! She is quite the Minecrafter, even does a full-on online programming course to learn advanced stuff (with hubby to help, and one or two lectures at a time, but they are still making their say through it). Check the ToysRUs website for Minecraft craft stuff, as I know our local store had stuff as late as last season - not that you need their overpriced things, but for the possible ideas.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC