Page 27 of 223 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 27

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Nah... Don't dump the project yet. You have waited this very long, and been this courageous, you know? And you have been one tortured puppy for what seems like a very long time - I really would love to read that you can find some relief/healing. Give her a bit of a chance, at least until you are more definite about what it is about her that sours your relationship.

And I will keep my cursed stories to myself for the nonce, just so I don't jinx you!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

badgergirl is offline Senior Member
    Yep, I'll stick with it. *grumble, grumble*

I'm about to book flights for the three of us to spend three weeks in Blighty June/July - this will completely clean us out, but my parents have agreed - I had to ask, unfortunately; I hate doing this - to pay half. I don't want to spend the money and put us further behind on our life goals, but my parents are not going to be around forever and it is important for everyone that small boy spends time with them. Ugh. Happy-happy and sorrowful-sorrowful. I *hate* having to be bailed out by my aged parents.

The tide of lard is ever so gradually receding, I think. It's hard to tell without weighing and measuring as I go by trousers and, of course, thighs, butt and stomach are the very last areas to let go of podge. That said, my forearms seem slightly less puffy and my jawline is clearer. It's an act of faith really, isn't it?

B: coffee with cream, two tablespoons of jellied chicken broth/stock (the Golgotha mix), three macadamias
    L: IF
    D: I spied with my little eye a pork belly in the fridge. Husband means well, but is clueless. To do a decent belly one has to crank up the oven as high as it will go for at least half an hour, otherwise there aint no crackling. Husband clearly hasn't thought this one through (and never manages to get the crackle right as he doesn't preheat the oven and opens the door too often - sigh); it's going to be 39C today.
    Ham, smoked salmon, raw beet and carrot salad, Waldorf salad, small bit of cheddar, slice of brie, mixed nuts, frappe with double cream
    Indulgence: tin of coconut milk - I should stop doing this, but in the heat it's just so damn gluggable

Just over 1500 calories: F 69; P 20; C 11

The walk home was BRUTAL...
    Last edited by badgergirl; 01-17-2013 at 02:39 AM. Reason: sensible dinner, decadent desert
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Exclamation shhh.... secret squirrel

Husband has two interviews on Monday.
    Cross all limbs and pray to your deity of choice, please (says the atheist).
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Fingerscrossed!!! Thats the best I can do , since I don't pray to anyone

Living fast today

Suddenly swamped at work and enjoying the adrenaline. Whhhhheeeeee.... Feel on FIRE. Listening to hardcore dance and pretending I'm a mac jockey designer who spits out page layouts all day long.

B: coffee w/double cream, couple of almonds
    L: IF, baby
    D: belly, cremated crackling (husband practically in tears). salads, roast carrots, 3/4 bottle red - celebrating, commiserating?
    Last edited by badgergirl; 01-18-2013 at 01:03 AM.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Husband has two interviews on Monday.
    Cross all limbs and pray to your deity of choice, please (says the atheist).
    ...even me veins are crossed!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

I went perm today.
    After two years, they FINALLY offered me a permanent contract. If I liked my job I'd be cock a hoop, but as it is I'm all SHOW ME THE MONEY.
    Remember folks, 2013 is going to be lucky for us (about time - eh?).

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Awesome! Congrats to you

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Awesome! Congrats to you
    Thank you! It's a mixed blessing as the longer I stay there the more my career (yeah, right - I used to have one) goes retrograde. I really miss London and being that city girl with a job that sent me Stateside regularly.

I'm paying for that celebration/commiseration. I had snack eyes last night and ended up scoffing mature cheddar. Woke at 3.30am for ham and chicken broth and then had two eggs scrambled in sour cream for breakfast at 6.30am. I'm on sole parent duty for the next 48 hours as husband is trying to achieve mind meld with 3DSMax (he's a Maya man usually) ready for the interviews on Monday. He wants this job evidently (in a way I have yet to understand, he already has the other job, which is a p/t teaching gig - running advanced Adobe masterclasses) and both interviews need to go well (one with the agent and one with the company itself).
    This job, although only a three-month contract to begin with, sounds right up husband's dark, narrow alley: a defence contractor who wants to develop mobile apps requesting someone with a knowledge of animation and anatomy. Sounds grimtastic to me, but husband is pretty keen (I'm keen for him to have a job) and excited about what soldiers with mobiles might be playing that requires a knowledge of anatomy to develop. Hmmm. Perhaps it's a medical app (she said hopefully) rather than the more obvious gory shoot out.