Page 26 of 296 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 26

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    hmmmm the one meal a day routine sounds alot like the Warrior Diet..... Interesting lessons learned too!

badgergirl is offline Senior Member
    That was most certainly not the whoosh I was looking for...

Last night I wanted a Greek-style frappe, but we're out of evap milk because I drank it neat on Sunday. So, I thought a coconut milk frappe sounded fabbo. Then, in the kitchen, I began worrying that I'd just drink or waste the coconut milk - rather extravagant to open a tin just for a splash in a drink. So, no worries, I'll mix coconut oil with my coffee granules. Boiled the kettle to have enough hot water to dissolve granules and oil - with the thought that ice would cool it down - but then in the process remembered that cool oil would be solid and in the end made myself a strange hot drink instead: just granules, water, oil. It was okayish, but not particularly pleasurable. The oil stayed with me somehow and I began to feel a bit queer.

Two hours later? Total evacuation of my digestive tract. Shivering, goosebumps and more liquid pouring out of me than I thought possible.

Of course, I had read others' shocked accounts of accidental CO OD, but it never occurred to me that the same amount (maybe it was fractionally more, but not by much) of CO that I have been adding to my double espresso in the morning would have such dire results when added to instant coffee (and without milk, but on top of food).

Live and learn.

I'm working from home today, which makes fasting pretty much out of the question, but we'll see how we go.
    B: coffee, semi-skimmed milk NO COCONUT OIL
    L: cauli and stilton soup; could have fasted - wasn't super hungry - but it's in the fridge and good eatings so I did
    D: man and boy are going to a barbie, but I've cried off so that I can sew/please myself... and that turns out to be a little bit of salsa, a little bit of coconut milk and some tuna mayo

Way up on the calories today. Also, itching to get a bottle of wine for the first time in two weeks. Hmmm.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 01-10-2013 at 09:18 PM.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Since I am on a technology binge, and since you posted some nice photos for me, and so nicely advised me a few moments ago - here is where I live...

image.jpg
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Since I am on a technology binge, and since you posted some nice photos for me, and so nicely advised me a few moments ago - here is where I live...

image.jpg
    Great view! Nice to see snow when I'm sweating through another 38C day... and glad to help on the sig file
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Gah. Went a little off-piste last night with extra coconut milk and five or six squares of dark chocolate, not to mention the Frangellico. But right back at it today. I'm making Golgotha broth (all the bones I could find in the freezer - a chicken carcass, ham bones and, I think, the remains of a leg of lamb) in the slow cooker and will roast a chicken later (more bones to add ). Tidying, sorting, cleaning day. Tomorrow is party number two for the five-year-old lordling. A barbecue, of course!

B: coffee x 2 (one decaf, one caff; one w/cream, one w/milk) two almonds
    L: slices of aubergine fried in lots of olive oil, two slices of brie
    D: Roast chicken - two wings and half a leg, small bit of roast beetroot, aubergine slices

Also, lots of spoon licks while I made gluten-free chocolate cake pops. They are a bit Regretsy - I had grand ideas of mimicking LEGO heads with yellow coating and yellow smarties, but it all went Pete Tong (this used to be Cockney rhyming slang for 'wrong', but I've been away a long time now and things have probably moved on a bit). So, now they are more like very dense truffle balls coated in dark chocolate. Hmmm. Cake pops require practice and GF brownie cafe pops were probably not the best thing to try straight off the bat.

I'll be glad when the fifth birthday festivities draw to a close.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 01-11-2013 at 11:43 PM.

yesterday:
    B: cold chicken, coffee
    L: beef sausages and pork kebabs (pineapple and red capsicum)
    D: beef sausages, glass of apple and blackcurrant juice

Fitday puts this at about 1700 calories. I went to bed STUFFED. Not sure how this is possible. (I can easily eat 3000 calories of Christmas pudding for breakfast.)

Today:
    B: slow cooked pork offcuts (bit of meat, strip of fat and skin) - I stuck the meat and bones that were left over from making kebabs in the slow cooker yesterday and couldn't go past them this morning, coffee
    L: IF
    D: beef sausages (three and a half), some pork offcuts (jelly and fat rich meaty bones), carrot sticks, glass of apple and blackcurrant juice
    Last edited by badgergirl; 01-14-2013 at 10:34 AM.

B: pork bones, jelly, fat, meat - what can I say? I love gnawing on those bony bits (said the actress to the Bishop). The jelly too is just lovely. Coffee with a tsp of heavy, heavy (50% fat) cream and a splash of semi-skimmed.
    L: IF
    D: more pork, I hope (again with the actress-Bishop action). Yep, the last of the pork - shared with man, boy and dog - some roast chicken and a tiny bit of salad. I'm turning meatatarian or fatty-flesh-and-bones-atarian or something. The fitday numbers are so low I don't believe them. A 1000 calorie day, again? Really?

I gave the dog some of my leftovers yesterday for his dinner. We can always tell what he thinks of the quality of his food by how much rough love he shows his plush toy afterwards. Last night that 'pillow friend cow' was badly abused for the best part of half an hour. Nuff said.

When I worked for the gung-ho US PR firm one of the senior leads (American, female) sent an email to everyone saying she was 'working from home, heads down, grinding on client deliverables'... To this day, my mind boggles.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 01-14-2013 at 11:46 PM.

B: coffee with cream, 4 almonds, macademia nut, pat of butter
    L: IF - didn't go too well today: I was hongary. Never mind, this too shall pass.
    D: avocado with balsamic, tuna with sour cream and jalapenos; coconut milk frappe (deeeelish); more coconut milk

Fitday puts it at 1500 calories for the day, with: 68% F, 22% P, 11% C

First appt with the therapist (rather than the mental wellbeing nurse) tonight. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 01-16-2013 at 12:51 AM. Reason: dinner dinner batman, extra coconut

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    First appt with the therapist (rather than the mental wellbeing nurse) tonight. Fingers crossed.
    I went to one once to try to tie up some leftover junk from my childhood, and the first thing he did was to berate me because I was a few minutes late. I travelled over three hours to get to him, even leaving extra early to account for big city traffic, and got tied up in unexpected accident traffic, but he would hear nothing of it - the guy was legally blind and he just went on how HE had never been late to work regardless of circumstance... Well, our relationship lasted ummm, not long.

Here is really hoping you have one of the good ones!! I do know the nerves that come with trusting someone strange like that, though... so consider yourself hugged!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    I went to one once to try to tie up some leftover junk from my childhood, and the first thing he did was to berate me because I was a few minutes late. I travelled over three hours to get to him, even leaving extra early to account for big city traffic, and got tied up in unexpected accident traffic, but he would hear nothing of it - the guy was legally blind and he just went on how HE had never been late to work regardless of circumstance... Well, our relationship lasted ummm, not long.

Here is really hoping you have one of the good ones!! I do know the nerves that come with trusting someone strange like that, though... so consider yourself hugged!
    I think you cursed me, CC

She'd double booked and, I know, I know you can't make snap judgements, she does not seem like a good fit to me. *Sigh.* So now I'm back home and toying with the idea of requesting a different referral. Or just forgetting the whole project. Ugh.