Page 24 of 332 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 3319

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 24

  1. #231
    badgergirl's Avatar
    badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,128
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    B: pnut butter, nuts, coffee, three chocs
    L: Christmas barbie at work - I have been instucted not to call it a barbeque
    D: lamb soup
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

  2. #232
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,719
    Current color of my toenail polish... Shrimp on the Barbie... bright coral pink based with coppery glitter~
    I'd send you a bottle for the irony of wearing it if you were into such sparklies.

    Removing it to replace it with a chartreuse cream base with a lime/gold glitter over the top for Grinch Green toe nails over the holidays though.
    After toe surgery tomorrow that is.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  3. #233
    badgergirl's Avatar
    badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,128
    oooh. Your toes sound deeelish. Mine are metallic blue and likely will be until winter rolls round again as removal before repainting is just a step too far for me!

    Yesterday's food list is inaccurate as there was dessert and wine and champagne, but no dinner.

    Today looks to be non-compliant too, not least because I had orange-zest marzipan for breakfast...wish me luck.

    B: homemade marzipan, coffee, small slice lemon chiffon cake
    L: oysters, kangaroo steak
    D: lamb and vegetable broth
    Last edited by badgergirl; 12-20-2012 at 11:08 PM.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

  4. #234
    Crabbcakes's Avatar
    Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Appalachian Ohio
    Posts
    2,245
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    oooh. Your toes sound deeelish. Mine are metallic blue and likely will be until winter rolls round again as removal before repainting is just a step too far for me!

    Yesterday's food list is inaccurate as there was dessert and wine and champagne, but no dinner.

    Today looks to be non-compliant too, not least because I had orange-zest marzipan for breakfast...wish me luck.

    B: homemade marzipan, coffee, small slice lemon chiffon cake
    L: oysters, kangaroo steak
    D: lamb and vegetable broth
    Lots of tidbits to comment on...

    toes: I went to Germany with a color on my toes called "Gunmetal Gray" (it's from Sally Hansen). As I run around barefoot a lot, even in Germany (much to the horror of all there, who think that the necessity of foot coverings is on par with air to breathe), and just happened to have had a huge conversation about guns and hunting and all that, my cousins shot back - "of course"

    marzipan... YUM! Where do you get orange-zest maripan?!?!

    Did I read right? - KANGAROO steak?! Seriously?! How often is such a meat eaten by the Aussies?

  5. #235
    badgergirl's Avatar
    badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,128
    marzipan recipe.
    Kangaroo - yes, we eats it. You can get mince and kanga bangers (sausages) at the supermarket and possibly steaks too - I've not looked. The mince is super lean and cheaper than beef mince, but it's got a slightly odd gamey taste. I love the steaks but, being very lean, they can be tricky to cook to perfection. Kangaroo (and wallaby, which is similar) tends to be restaurant food for us. (Also, Aussies tend to think of it as roadkill/hick food, which is strange and possibly changing slowly.)

    I'll have some photos for you soon Crabcakes as we went camping in the bush overnight - a proof-of-concept trip with dog and small boy - and I took some snaps.

    Ah. And the work of patch is completed - now for the quilting bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Lots of tidbits to comment on...

    toes: I went to Germany with a color on my toes called "Gunmetal Gray" (it's from Sally Hansen). As I run around barefoot a lot, even in Germany (much to the horror of all there, who think that the necessity of foot coverings is on par with air to breathe), and just happened to have had a huge conversation about guns and hunting and all that, my cousins shot back - "of course"

    marzipan... YUM! Where do you get orange-zest maripan?!?!

    Did I read right? - KANGAROO steak?! Seriously?! How often is such a meat eaten by the Aussies?
    And here are the snaps. The first thing you learn about Australia is that EVERYTHING will kill you - the sun, the rain, the snakes, the spiders, the kangaroos (yes, really)...even the trees:

    The trees are tall, much taller than European trees, in the forest/bush there is space and brush between them and the air is scented with eucalypt oil.

    Last edited by badgergirl; 12-29-2012 at 10:01 PM. Reason: added photos
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

  6. #236
    badgergirl's Avatar
    badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,128
    I have a new mantra. If I say it often enough it has to come true, right? (In a nutshell not believing this is why I am atheist, but there)...
    2013 is going to be a LUCKY year for us.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

  7. #237
    Crabbcakes's Avatar
    Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Appalachian Ohio
    Posts
    2,245
    Hey badger!

    Woohoo - Pics from Down Under! I'm giggling here, because it really does look like stills from Crocodile Dundee (which scenery I really thought pretty). I have kind of picked up on that, the fact that Australia has the most poisonous/deadly/dangerous/extreme everything. How do you let Small Boy out of the house?? And everybody thinks that the US is hazardous to your health...

  8. #238
    badgergirl's Avatar
    badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,128
    I checked - yep, kanga steaks in the chiller at the supermarket. Cost about the same as beef.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

  9. #239
    badgergirl's Avatar
    badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Hey badger!

    Woohoo - Pics from Down Under! I'm giggling here, because it really does look like stills from Crocodile Dundee (which scenery I really thought pretty). I have kind of picked up on that, the fact that Australia has the most poisonous/deadly/dangerous/extreme everything. How do you let Small Boy out of the house?? And everybody thinks that the US is hazardous to your health...
    To me most of it looks like Neighbours - complete with flyscreen doors and oversized houses.
    Brunch: bacon, three chocolate almonds, apple
    Dinner: turkey, avo, cucumber, tomato, capsicum

    2013 will be a year of change at badger mansions; one way or another. Small boy starts school and, if husband is not in gainful employ by the end of the year, we shall be returning to the UK. That is my resolution.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 12-31-2012 at 11:01 PM.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

  10. #240
    Crabbcakes's Avatar
    Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Appalachian Ohio
    Posts
    2,245
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    2013 will be a year of change at badger mansions; one way or another. Small boy starts school and, if husband is not in gainful employ by the end of the year, we shall be returning to the UK. That is my resolution.
    I believe you. You have said that you miss your da, and Wight, and just England in general. Sometimes a prolonged stay expat-style focuses ones needs and wants and likes very nicely. I found that out myself. I'll be interested to see how this plays out for you. Whatever location you end up in, my wish for you is that it be positive and right for the badger-family.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •