Page 237 of 331 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 3305

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 237

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was rememberencing (new word, roll with it), wasn't I?

Third year. Well, third year was time to get serious about studying, after second year's dalliances with dandies and drunks. And I did, mostly. However, there's also the maxim that if one falls off a bike one should get straight back on or, less obliquely, the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else. It might not be romantic or particularly classy, but it seems to work quite effectively.

In second year, Pops and I had become friends with a teacher at the boys grammar school where housemate May was doing her final PGCE (post-grad cert in education) placement. He was short, stocky, Greek, had a PhD and was very twinkly eyed. A gentle, flirty soul, we weren't quite sure which side of the stamp he licked. He was charming, sophisticated and playful. When he came out to May at the end of the year and she passed the news on I was rather sad. There's another delicious dish off the menu.

We became closer friends in third year and I'd spend evenings in his apartment on the school grounds (he was a boarding master) chatting and drinking wine. He had a lovely boyfriend who lived an intercity train ride away. The four of us went out en masse from time to time. As I got to know him better, it turned out that he didn't restrict himself to licking just the one stamp or even a particular side of the stamp...Tass's approach to postage was to lick all of the stamps, push the envelope and snog the letter. Or, as it happens, cop off with strangers in the intercity train toilet on the way to visit boyfriend and seduce a PhD (girl)friend in Edinburgh.

Well, it would have been rude not to, wouldn't it?

Poor Tass. He looked so very beautiful and had a thick ursine pelt of soft dark hair - I thought I was going to be cradled by a teddy bear. Unfortunately, all his shenanigans had taught him very little about the female form. It was like being mauled by a blanket. Luckily, all things considered, it was a mauling of short duration. That didn't prevent me from repeating the experiment a few times. Dr Adonis, on looks so well named, on technique it was a dreadful misnomer.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

I have fallen in love with this dress. Calling all sugar mummies and daddies, fashion fairies and financial fates to step in and make it mine...perhaps it will go on sale.
    Clover Canyon Corinthian Vase Dress
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I have fallen in love with this dress. Calling all sugar mummies and daddies, fashion fairies and financial fates to step in and make it mine...perhaps it will go on sale.
    Clover Canyon Corinthian Vase Dress
    Berrlimey, 330 squids, but I can see why you like it. I don't think my entire wardrobe including the actual wardrobe itself cost that, not exactly true, but....

Rememberencing is a great worm!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Berrlimey, 330 squids, but I can see why you like it. I don't think my entire wardrobe including the actual wardrobe itself cost that, not exactly true, but....
    I know, I am cursed with expensive tastes. I do not usually like asymetric clothes, but I would make an exception for that frock.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Badger - i have been a wee bit missing in action of late ........ Just checked out the dress ..... Absolutely gorgeous. It will look amazing on you - just doooooo eeeeettttttt!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Yay! Gwamma's back

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Thanx Badger, i'm not really sure where Gwamma has been, but definately missing in action!!!!
    Hope all is well with the badgers
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Third year was also when I started to get serious about what on earth I was going to do after I graduated. Books, I like books. Which meant publishing, which meant London. I had a vague idea that I needed work experience and that seven summers of servitude to the tourist trade were not going to cut the mustard. So. I applied to Waterstones (and was declined) and started volunteering at the Oxfam bookshop.

Ah, the bookshop - a sketch show waiting to happen. My co-workers were crusty, male vegan students (that translucence of skin can be quite Christ like), old biddies in layers of handknitting and Colin, the paid (and very ambitious) manager. We would sit around on broken chairs behind the till warming our hands on chipped mugs full of tea. Colin was as charismatic as a man called Colin working in a charity bookshop can be. He held forth on Joni Mitchell, drugs and shagging girls with dyed hair. I understood.

We are solidly in the nose stud years here, but also the manic panic era. I bought the tubs from Ms Mundane (a shop full of velvet, embroidery, drug paraphernalia, dream catchers, body piercing - you know the deal). I chopped and changed between blue, purple and scarlet red...but my hair is dark brown and, unless I bleach it first, it basically stays dark brown. My pillowcases, on the other hand, took to manic panic very easily. As did the face of anyone sleeping next to me - poor bruised looking lambs, but no slaughter just laughter.

After first year's experiments with close crops, I had let my hair grow and grow - cheapest style out there, long hair - and then misguidedly cut myself a blunt fringe. I essentially have the same look now (hopefully slightly straighter - thanks, husband). Oh dear, short, sharp hair is my preference, but I cannot justify the outlay for haircuts every six weeks.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 05-07-2014 at 04:46 PM.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I am desperately trying to grow my hair out so I can bleach it and go pink again (my favorite color for hair by far), but I am very much a short-haired person so it is very difficult. I kept up with 6-8 week trims for a while, but slacked off this month. I'll go for a trim at the end of the month, before a friend's wedding, but I will be sorely tempted to chop it all off. I want to get my hair to at least shoulder-length before bleaching & dyeing and I'd ideally have the first bleach job done in a salon so it's even.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I have never since worked anywhere that was punky hair friendly. So, sadly, for the time being, my manic panic days are done.

Conversation with husband this morning...
    H: don't know what you did the other day, but the coffee was like tar.
    Me: I like my coffee like I like my women...strong.
    Me: Plentiful.
    Me: Hot.
    H: Creamy?

H: You weren't going to go there?
    Me: I've been there before.