Page 20 of 357 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 20

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Another good day.
    B: yoghurt, two teaspoons of p'nut butter, coffee
    L: a small plate of mixed fruit and two tablespoons of marscapone (thank you, co-workers, for a lovely morning tea)
    D: pork belly and crackling, butternut squash, courgette and chorizio, green beans in balsamic; Greek-style (sketo me gala) frappe*; large glass of red wine

*Greek frappe looks like Guinness, is made with instant (in my case decaf) coffee granules, water and evap milk and is served with ice. Frappes are addictive. They put hairs on your chest! A friend, Socrates (pronounced So-cra-tiss, known as Sock), used to have a sweetened frappe and a spanokopita for breakfast every single day. Oh, and a cigarette. God bless the Greeks.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

W/e passed off without too much angst or misbehaviour. All good.
    From memory...
    B: yoghurt, pnut butter, nuts, coffee
    L: tuna mayo
    D: beef stroganoff, 2/3 bottle red wine
    Sunday:
    B: yoghurt, nuts, coffee
    L: about 30 chips, lump of cheese (yeah, I know how to live)
    D: pork and veggies stir-fried with tamarind, lime and chili
    Today:
    B: yogurt, pnut butter, coffee
    L: leftover pork and veggies (about 1.5 cups), small lump of stilton
    D: 1.5 cup beef and veggies - Thai curry sauce, handful of mixed nuts, yoghurt, dark choc w/almonds

In other news, quilt has taken on a new and more-involved shape, after plans A and B just didn't feel right (it's a gift and I want it to speak to the couple I'm making it for). MOAR hexagons...oh dear.
    I'd wanted side panels of tiny squares...but it seemed too bright/saturated.
    So, plan B:

This worked really well, but didn't chime with who I think the recipients are.
    So. Plan C. Desperate measures...

I've got a lot of sewing to do...
    Last edited by badgergirl; 12-02-2012 at 11:58 PM. Reason: added dinner, choc, photos
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

B: two eggs scrambled w/cream, a few nuts - less than five, coffee
    L: small slice of brie, few slices of fruit (a cherry, orange, mango, a strawberry), one cup of last night's thai beef
    D: I am undecided. Will report back.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    MOAR hexagons...oh dear.

I've got a lot of sewing to do...
    Yes, it IS a lot of sewing, but the hexagons are the way to go, they look great!

Last night's D: tuna mayo, leftover beef (so, two dinners, but no snacking - I'm trying to think that this was a good thing)
    Today
    B: two eggs scrambled in cream, handful of mixed nuts, coffee
    L: sardines and a tomato
    D: spaghetti sauce (made by husband) and veggies; apple

Lack of planning. Lack of investment in cooking time at weekends (yes, patchwork - I'm looking at you). Lack of imagination when buying groceries. Lack of self care. All of which equals a lack of meaningful and worthwhile meals, which makes a badger sad (and more likely to be a bit on the podge side). This weekend I shall make amends since we are not travelling from one end of Victoria to the other in search of fabric for once.

I've rediscovered my self-discipline. There were chocs and cakes and snacks at work, but I left well alone. Oddly, I'm not too shame-faced about being right back at the starting line again with a few months of work ahead of me. I had a few rough months and I ate and ate and ate. It's a pattern I'm only too familiar with. Now, as I lose the new lard I shall also be working through the emotional pain that triggered the eating. I'd never before thought of the fat in this way: stored up, slow-release anxiety and pain... puts a new spin on the sense of lightness and euphoria as it leaves. Also, of course, it highlights that FEELING the difficult emotions when they happen would be a far more efficient process than storing them up as adipose tissue. Truly, I let a bad situation get right under my skin.

Food for thought, so to speak.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 12-04-2012 at 10:51 PM.

B: two eggs scrambled in cream, two teaspoons of peanut butter, coffee
    L: tuna, salsa
    D: sausage, bacon, egg, grilled tomato, celery sticks, apple

YAY! Willpower! Welcome back, my friend. Leftovers - salad, natch - are available at work. But I am strong, grasshopper. Free food shall not entice me. Free it may be, but why should I give it berth on my arse when I have already eaten food? However, my lunches and food in general really need to be tastier and more creative or I will cave sooner rather than later.

Also, weight waggling has resumed.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 12-06-2012 at 12:02 AM. Reason: change of vegetable, added apple

Mojo is coming back: the feeling that one is full of light and power and energy. I feel suppressed sparky – my banked embers are getting white hot again. This is dangerous as I have no outlet for this drive. Work is a complete nightmare. Relationship is limping along. There’s nowhere for my forward motion to go except turn inwards. I’m a little scared at this point, because I was exactly here four months ago and the emotional rollercoaster began. A moth came to my flame and we both got burned. Can food really change so much of one’s inner workings; the chemistry of not just emotion, but self-will? Evidently, yes. Meat, fish, vegetables equals überfrau. I could, at this point, do anything – climb mountains, swim seas, write the world’s best novel, sew, sing, paint, create, love passionately. If I wasn’t trapped within the confines of my SAD life. Oh dear – surely you can see why I am concerned?

B: two eggs scrambled with cream, five nuts, coffee
    L: tuna mayo, lettuce, capsicum, celery
    D: roast chicken, beets, spinach and hopefully other veg

B: peanut butter (yes, I know), coffee
    L: cup of homemade spag sauce w/veggies in it, glass of pinot noir
    D: horiatiki (lit. village salad - or Greek, as the rest of the world calls it) feta, capsicum, olives, cucumber, tomato, spring onions (should be red onions to be legit, but we work with what we have), oregano, red wine vinegar; two glasses of pinot noir; frappe, sketo me gala

It is hot and I am dreaming of Tripolis days. Aspro pato.

Meanwhile, the other thread I started has made me a little tearful. Gordon Bennet.

B: spaghetti sauce, coffee (non-egg, non-yoghurt breakfasts are hard)
    L: salsa, cheese and sour cream
    D: pork loin chop (small, but I ate man and boy's rinds - extra fat and yummyness), carrot, courgette sauteed with onion and oregano in butter, pineapple

I had an extra evap-milky frappe today too.

Crikey O'Reilly - so much to do this time of year. Yesterday was getting and decorating the tree, groceries, laundry, patchwork. Today I made gifts for friends attending next week's not-an-anniversary lunch. I wrapped the patchwork baubles in muffin papers and found boxes for them (some boxes required covering first... The secret to 'getting away with' homemade gifts, I think, (especially crafts) is in the presentation. Baubles somehow read as fancy-panties now that they are nesting in the muffin papers. What else? I did a few chores (not enough, never enough). Skyped my parents. Well, mum really. Dad - deaf and now severely speech impaired thanks to the stroke - gurns at me and we share wry looks, but it's not exactly communicating. I did some patch (not enough, never enough) and planned a furniture painting project and a Christmas table runner - if I get time, otherwise it'll keep until next year (the runner, the table needs to be refinished before Boxing Day's open house).

I was kind and affectionate to my husband.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    B: yoghurt, two teaspoons p'nut butter, coffee
    L: grilled aubergine, mushroom, tomato, feta, capsicum salad w/balsamic
    See, see - I made myself a nice lunch! One I'm excited about eating. Husband is cooking dinner though so that might be anything at the moment...
    D: beef thai-style curry with mange tout (about half my usual dinner serving); yoghurt; seven nuts, slice of cheese

Two more work weeks. I'm looking forward to some at-home time.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 12-10-2012 at 04:33 PM. Reason: pudding