Page 148 of 223 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 2230

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 148

Dhansakdave is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Lol, my, my, how generous....At least the tree isn't being cluttered with excessive presents....Shows to me what a better a person you are!

NZ primal Gwamma is online now Senior Member
    Badger that quilt is devine - merry christmas girl
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Quilt wrapped up and good to go. Brother in law pops in with PiL's gifts to us as they do not think they can get to our house before heading into the city for mass... We chat for a while and then husband and small boy set off for PiL's house to deliver quilt, card and homemade gingerbread. I open the bag to put our gifts under the tree. One for small boy; one for husband. I laugh like a drain.
    Ouch, Badgergirl. Hugs to you. I hope you managed to enjoy your day.

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Hope you had a wonderous Christmas this year!

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Now that the dust is settling... Dear lord, that was awful. Luckily we managed to hide it all from the small boy, but truly that was a terrible Christmas. Never mind! Onwards and upwards.

In amongst the eff-in-law nonsense was the disappointment of misguided gifting. Husband designed me 12 custom-made (3D printed) badger-head buttons. They're beautifully done, but I have no need for 12 stainless-steel badger buttons. Oh, I also got a feminist appraisal of Neil Gaiman's comics (I don't like comics).
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Oh, Badger, thank goodness it's over and you're still here. Blessings for better things in 2014.

Re the buttons: That is a gift with awesome intention and love, maybe ponder on them for a while, a way to make use of them may occur to you. And that could be a real gift to your DH. Best wishes x

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Re the buttons: That is a gift with awesome intention and love, maybe ponder on them for a while, a way to make use of them may occur to you. And that could be a real gift to your DH. Best wishes x

I know, Annie, and I said as much to him... He thought I didn't like the buttons on my incredibly expensive, gorgeous grey wool princess coat that I bought in Bloomingdales in NY before the small boy was a whisper on the horizon. Unfortunately, he misunderstood: I don't like that the coat has buttons full stop (they're a pain to do up and I always end up with a crooked coat) and wish that the thing had a concealed zip instead. The buttons though are a key design feature of the coat (there are more on the sleeves that husband hadn't noticed, otherwise I'd have 20 badger head buttons). I have no intention of changing the buttons on my high-end designer coat (while I love badgers I am most certainly not a novelty clothing type person). Which leaves me with 12 buttons and I cannot for the life of me think what I'm going to do with them. I tried tying one to a leather thong to make a pendant, but the loop is set the wrong way (as it's a button) and the head hangs as if from a garrote. Finally, although they are very well done, the key identifying features of a meles meles badger are the two black stripes on the head...when rendered in stainless steel without the black stripes the badger suddenly becomes a fat fox. Husband has a dreadful track record of buying incredibly expensive things that are useless - designer boots that I didn't like and, worse, didn't even remotely fit was one of the worst ones, but there have been many terrible presents... I beg him time and time and time again - don't buy anything I cannot return, but every time he thinks he knows best. Hope springs eternal.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 12-26-2013 at 08:47 PM.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

show and tell

Small boy

husband (link to preserve modesty)
    your (sauced) hostess and that thumb is owing to beetroot prep...

Baby Jesus badger

Badger buttons

New quilt in embryo

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Quilt wrapped up and good to go. Brother in law pops in with PiL's gifts to us as they do not think they can get to our house before heading into the city for mass... We chat for a while and then husband and small boy set off for PiL's house to deliver quilt, card and homemade gingerbread. I open the bag to put our gifts under the tree. One for small boy; one for husband. I laugh like a drain.
    Pardon my language, but what a totally shit hole thing for them to do. I would so be waiting for next year to retaliate in kind.

Pic of small boy is so beautiful - it made me smile very wide.

ETA: I love the colors of the new quilt to be!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

I have eaten the crimbo cake (shared with small boy), thrown the brandy butter away, put the pud in the freezer for next year and today is my last day of drinking before 8 March. I'm a bit fat (as is husband), but that is a hangover from bacon man more than anything. Ugh, good lord, 2010-3 was really shitty for the badger family. I have profound hopes that 2014 will bring a change in fortune. Happy new year, folks. May this coming year bring you only changes for the better.