Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 3188

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 125

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Good luck on the sofa!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    No one has bid on the sofa yet, but the owner won't finish the auction early for me (even second time round) and claims there have been loads of queries. Hmm. I have set a reminder in my Outlook calendar to bid 15 minutes before the auction ends on Friday morning (as if I'd forget). Husband is beginning to brace hinself - either that I drop an obscene quantity of cash on securing it or I lose out and go into mourning. Meanwhile, work have cleared out a regional office (and then the garage) and I scored a bookcase/hutch for free. Now, how to get it back to the sticks?

Food has been on track and the sobriety savings scheme has $20 in it.

I've been feeling a bit weighed down by the journals recently. My mother would burble on about Mercury being retrograde and Uranus in conjunction or somesuch as everyone seems to be doing it tough recently. Not just here, either, I've not written about it, but soon after we came back from the UK the woman who had done my parents' garden for them since Dad's stroke was involved in a paragliding accident and has been in hospital/rehab ever since. She's determined to walk out of there on her own feet. More recently, last week, a tiny distant relation got hit by a car, was airlifted to hospital and has been in intensive care ever since. Luckily, he seems to be on the mend.

I want to support everyone and little tendrils of love snake out. I may as well be religious the number of people I'm not-praying-but-thinking of. Does it make a difference or is it just an attenuated, lightweight version of compassion? Meanwhile I owe best friend and Pops letters and my quilt will not be ready in time for Christmas - I'm going to plan B and will use a couple of spare blocks to make a matched pair of cushions. The quilt will have to be a present for the future - either joint in-law birthdays or Christmas (or all four - come on, it is a hand stitched queen-size quilt).
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Think he's being a bit arsey on the sofa....

You feel a bit sorry for at times for yourself then you read that, my back might be dodgy, but at least I can walk!

With you on the thoughts thing and looks like you got your work cut out to get that lot out in time....

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Badger, your love is appreciated, it doesn't have to be a prayer. All your loved ones will know that you are thinking of them, however it can be very draining sending good vibes peoples way, so you must think of yourself first!!!!!!!!!! And how to get that sofa home??????????? Bus, train, plane................
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Gwamma - you are not burden. And I am sending more than a tendril of love your way.

I do, however, wonder if journalling brings out the worst in us. It's a space to let it all hang out and can feel a bit like wallowing and then when one is spectating the wallowing of others when is the line crossed between being a support and being a voyeur? Suddenly I became uncomfortable at just how much profound human emotion and struggle I was consuming. Hop, skip, jump across the pages a lick of this breakdown and a slurp of that. I was/am suspicious of my own motives.

Still 'nil points' on the chaise of desire. Still $20 in the sobriety savings scheme. Today is Oaks Day. This is some bizarre Ladies' Day, where even non-racegoers dress up and we have a chicken, coleslaw and champagne lunch at work. Those Aussies sure know chic when it smacks them round the chops.

By the time the end of next week rolls round my work for the year will be done, which is an odd concept.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

I so agree with you on the journalling thing. And am feeling guilty of dumping a load in our wee kiwi journal........ And i truely believe that support is so much more important than sympathy, however Gwamma is feeling bloody sorry for DH, and guilty about all the little arguments etc...........anyhoo yay for the sobrietry fund....... Me thinks when these results come back FINE, i need to detox !!!!!!!! LOL
    Could you put wheels on that sofa and ride it home???????

...small steps....

Little cat A and I both work at the coalface of obstetrics and gynaecology, which includes photos. And, after a while, these things become bread and butter. Or steak and eggs, if you will. A metastasis here, a fistula there... Suddenly, the body doesn't seem to be so fenced off anymore, which might explain how it was I calmly wrote about my former nipple rings in great detail to one of the commissioning editors.

He asked.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Little cat A and I both work at the coalface of obstetrics and gynaecology, which includes photos. And, after a while, these things become bread and butter. Or steak and eggs, if you will. A metastasis here, a fistula there... Suddenly, the body doesn't seem to be so fenced off anymore, which might explain how it was I calmly wrote about my former nipple rings in great detail to one of the commissioning editors.

He asked.
    One of my many philosophies concerns the answers one gets to inquiries... If you think you aren't gonna like the answer, don't ask the question......

Nipple rings......prince alberts.......these things go right over Gwammas head !!!!!!

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Nipple rings......prince alberts.......these things go right over Gwammas head !!!!!!
    What *have* you been doing?