Page 122 of 332 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 3312

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 122

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Lol, there be some classics there for sure, no6 for those that don't know, is the magic roundabout in Swindon, I can't say this is gospel, but I don't think there's been an accident on it, bloody weird to drive around I can tell ee!

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Mainly quiet day today, which was good - I got a lot of work done. Melbourne has a day off for the Melbourne Cup - the race that stops the nation - this event always falls on a Tuesday and many peeps choose to make a long weekend of it. Half the office was out today, we'll be working with a skeleton crew on Monday. I like days like that.

Tuesday small boy has requested that we make cakes, muffins and biscuits for school fete. No, they won't be paleo.

I'm in the final stages of production of my mag - phew. Three months of reading about stillbirth and perinatal death is no one's idea of fun. The next one is on the topic of the pelvic floor. I cannot say or read the words 'pelvic floor' without clenching the said apparatus. By March, I expect my innards to be rock hard.

B: yoghurt, apricots and coffee
    L: a pat of butter, Greek salad, glass of Cote du Rhone
    D: pork in cream with leeks, mushrooms and port; carrot and beetroot salad; roast pumpkin; glass of Merlot
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Mainly quiet day today, which was good - I got a lot of work done. Melbourne has a day off for the Melbourne Cup - the race that stops the nation - this event always falls on a Tuesday and many peeps choose to make a long weekend of it. Half the office was out today, we'll be working with a skeleton crew on Monday. I like days like that.

Tuesday small boy has requested that we make cakes, muffins and biscuits for school fete. No, they won't be paleo.

I'm in the final stages of production of my mag - phew. Three months of reading about stillbirth and perinatal death is no one's idea of fun. The next one is on the topic of the pelvic floor. I cannot say or read the words 'pelvic floor' without clenching the said apparatus. By March, I expect my innards to be rock hard.

B: yoghurt, apricots and coffee
    L: a pat of butter, Greek salad, glass of Cote du Rhone
    D: pork in cream with leeks, mushrooms and port; carrot and beetroot salad; roast pumpkin; glass of Merlot
    It is amazing how much work can get done when the "normal" distractions of the work environment are gone....

There is something to be said for a stout pelvic floor......

That dinner sound right delish.... I had yogurt today with some peach preserves I made... pretty tasty stuff...

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Doc..... Do you make peach preserves without sugar?????????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Doc..... Do you make peach preserves without sugar?????????
    Depends on how sweeet the peaches are.... though you need to add some sugar for the preservative and the gelling effect, unless you are going to use a pressure cooker to process the preserves.

I've fallen in love with this sofa on ebay. Husband is very, very far from enthusiastic

As you can see, it will need reupholstering soon, but it's beautiful and will work very well with my inherited rugs (gold, cream and brown) as well as our old friend Chester Field. This is the second time it's been listed and I can't quite bring myself to 'lose' it again. Oh dear.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Thanx Doc, and that sofa is to die for Badger. Buy it NOW !!!!!!

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Thanx Doc, and that sofa is to die for Badger. Buy it NOW !!!!!!
    Last time I asked him for a buy-it-now price and it was crazy expensive. When the auction ended with no bids I contacted the seller with an offer a couple of hundred less than the starting bid. He never deigned to respond. I've just messaged him offering $50 less than the starting bid, but I may cave as the auction draws to a close, if there are no bids, and just bid the starting price. I really want that sodding sofa - husband is completely bewildered by my frustrated desires to live in a house with furniture. He will never see the point until we've bought somewhere...BUT IT'S BEEN FIVE YEARS. I want to live like a normal person with places to sit down, surrounded by things I like to look at.

PS it's got a New Zealand Kauri timber frame with hand carved features.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 11-01-2013 at 01:51 AM.

OMG Badger i so understand.
    five years is a long time, and correct me if i am wrong.....but its called putting down roots !!!!!!!!!!
    and i can understand why you would want to have that sofa in amoungst your things. it is gorgeously delish!!!!!!!!
    good luck my girl.
    g x

...small steps....

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    There is something to be said for a stout pelvic floor......
    Do you not need stout walls and ceiling as well....

Last time I asked him for a buy-it-now price and it was crazy expensive. When the auction ended with no bids I contacted the seller with an offer a couple of hundred less than the starting bid. He never deigned to respond. I've just messaged him offering $50 dollars less than the starting bid, but I may cave as the auction draws to a close, if there are no bids, and just bid the starting price. I really want that sodding sofa - husband is completely bewildered by my frustrated desires to live in a house with furniture. He will never see the point until we've bought somewhere...BUT IT'S BEEN FIVE YEARS. I want to live like a normal person with places to sit down, surrounded by things I like to look at.
    Very period that sofa, nice, seems like the sellers got a crushing desire not to sell it, only five years?! Go for it.