Page 120 of 312 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 3114

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 120

  1. #1191
    badgergirl's Avatar
    badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,056
    Shop Now
    After all my thoughts of f**k it, I had a totally primally approved day. I also wrote an essay/rant/lecture on Crabby's journal. I hope she forgives me.

    B: yog, coffee
    S: dried fruit, nuts - only a few
    L: tomato soup (out of a tin - I'm still sick, give me a break), stilton
    D: Spanish omelette; yog, dried apricots
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

  2. #1192
    Dhansakdave's Avatar
    Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    2,090
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    No. I don't think it had, but it always pays to give it an extra polish.

    I feel a bit of a fraud still hanging out here as - finally this week came breaking point - I am no longer primleo. I keep coming back to the line from Michael Pollan: eat food, not too much, mostly vegetables. I get fairly hung up on food - quality, quantity, provenance - at the best of times and this level of restriction and overthinking has driven me crazier than ever. It's not even the blooming PB that does it, it's all the side nonsense - bro science and so forth. I've been getting more and more erratic in my eating and it's time to give myself a bit of a break.
    I tend not to overcomplicate my food and just tend to get what I feel like for the week, all that science stuff makes it deeper that it needs to be, I reckons!
    Think what I'm trying to say is don't flog yourself over it, just try and get in a happy place!

    What does my head in, is not being able to exercise, don't get me wrong I don't do excessive amounts, (I think) just like to stay at a reasonable level of strength/fitness, not being able to do anything seems to get me down!

    D'you want to borrow some brasso for the halo.... almost forgot the odd apple juice slips into the diet as well....and there are worse places to hang out, even if you feel fraudian!

  3. #1193
    badgergirl's Avatar
    badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    I tend not to overcomplicate my food and just tend to get what I feel like for the week, all that science stuff makes it deeper that it needs to be, I reckons!
    Think what I'm trying to say is don't flog yourself over it, just try and get in a happy place!

    What does my head in, is not being able to exercise, don't get me wrong I don't do excessive amounts, (I think) just like to stay at a reasonable level of strength/fitness, not being able to do anything seems to get me down!

    D'you want to borrow some brasso for the halo.... almost forgot the odd apple juice slips into the diet as well....and there are worse places to hang out, even if you feel fraudian!
    I feed myself and two non-primals and I have a long, long history of disordered eating, binge drinking and body dysmorphia. I realised that the fewer carbs I eat the more I drink. Also, I am perfectly capable of overeating just about anything and telling myself it's okay because it's primal hasn't helped that. Aiming for 100 per cent compliance to VLC living has had the unintended consequence of making me rebel in much more unhealthy ways than simply taking potatoes, rice and the odd slice of sourdough as my 20 per cent. I'm not sure what the answer is, except I should probably get back to a simpler and less restrictive approach. I don't like faleo foods. I'd rather eat a lovely slice of real homemade cake than stick a ton of oddities in a blender. I'm not sure where this is going, except I really enjoyed yesterday's beans on toast and probably ate less food yesterday than I do on a 'pure' day.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

  4. #1194
    Crabbcakes's Avatar
    Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Appalachian Ohio
    Posts
    2,349
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    After all my thoughts of f**k it, I had a totally primally approved day. I also wrote an essay/rant/lecture on Crabby's journal. I hope she forgives me
    Nothing to forgive. It is interesting - I read it already - and I will write one back. I just need to catch a tiny bit of sleep first - sleepless night, and Third gets up soonish!! Egads!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

  5. #1195
    Dhansakdave's Avatar
    Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    2,090
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I feed myself and two non-primals and I have a long, long history of disordered eating, binge drinking and body dysmorphia. I realised that the fewer carbs I eat the more I drink. Also, I am perfectly capable of overeating just about anything and telling myself it's okay because it's primal hasn't helped that. Aiming for 100 per cent compliance to VLC living has had the unintended consequence of making me rebel in much more unhealthy ways than simply taking potatoes, rice and the odd slice of sourdough as my 20 per cent. I'm not sure what the answer is, except I should probably get back to a simpler and less restrictive approach. I don't like faleo foods. I'd rather eat a lovely slice of real homemade cake than stick a ton of oddities in a blender. I'm not sure where this is going, except I really enjoyed yesterday's beans on toast and probably ate less food yesterday than I do on a 'pure' day.
    Now that does complicate it, I'm not good at advice having not really had any problems like that, so wouldn't dare to advise on it, support and best wishes and stuff is about all I can offer!

    Read your post on Crabby's journal, I had a different story, when I got to 16, my old man, who was unemployed at the time and terminally skint, said get a job, pay some rent or your out on yer ear, so further education didn't enter the equasion, got an apprentiship, luckily! I seem to recall some schools paying you to go to 6th form, not long ago as well....
    Last edited by Dhansakdave; 10-30-2013 at 02:57 AM.

  6. #1196
    badgergirl's Avatar
    badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Now that does complicate it, I'm not good at advice having not really had any problems like that, so wouldn't dare to advise on it, support and best wishes and stuff is about all I can offer!

    Read your post on Crabby's journal, I had a different story, when I got to 16, my old man, who was unemployed at the time and terminally skint, said get a job, pay some rent or your out on yer ear, so further education didn't enter the equasion, got an apprentiship, luckily! I seem to recall some schools paying you to go to 6th form, not long ago....
    My father would have liked to see both of us stay on the Isle in blue collar jobs, just like he did. My mother, who watched her sisters take flight literally and metaphorically, pushed us to go to uni. Parents have a lot to answer for is the long and short of it.

    Fascinatingly, tradies (as they are universally known here) have a much, much higher standard of living than the lower rungs of the professional classes in Australia. There is a real cultural difference between the two countries - it feels as though Thatcher never happened here, though husband assures me that Howard gave it - to use another Aussie turn of phrase - a red-hot go.

    But then in other ways, Australia is far ahead of the UK in becoming Americanised. The education system is a case in point - it's expensive (very) and almost purely vocational, very little in the way of pure academia or research.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

  7. #1197
    Dhansakdave's Avatar
    Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    2,090
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    My father would have liked to see both of us stay on the Isle in blue collar jobs, just like he did. My mother, who watched her sisters take flight literally and metaphorically, pushed us to go to uni. Parents have a lot to answer for is the long and short of it.
    Have to say my collar's that blue it's unbleachable....And they do, still miss him though!

    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Fascinatingly, tradies (as they are universally known here) have a much, much higher standard of living than the lower rungs of the professional classes in Australia. There is a real cultural difference between the two countries - it feels as though Thatcher never happened here, though husband assures me that Howard gave it - to use another Aussie turn of phrase - a red-hot go.
    Heard they were crying out for 'tradies' in Oz, due to a skills shortage, has that inflated the wages?! Can't believe that nice John Howard, was anywhere near as bad as the Thatch....

    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    But then in other ways, Australia is far ahead of the UK in becoming Americanised. The education system is a case in point - it's expensive (very) and almost purely vocational, very little in the way of pure academia or research.
    Not sure if that's a good thing to be honest, then again, unlike yourself, I'm no expert on either system!

  8. #1198
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Have to say my collar's that blue it's unbleachable....And they do, still miss him though!



    Heard they were crying out for 'tradies' in Oz, due to a skills shortage, has that inflated the wages?! Can't believe that nice John Howard, was anywhere near as bad as the Thatch....



    Not sure if that's a good thing to be honest, then again, unlike yourself, I'm no expert on either system!
    geesh... AUS becoming like the US.... the US becoming like the EU or worse....

  9. #1199
    badgergirl's Avatar
    badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Have to say my collar's that blue it's unbleachable....And they do, still miss him though!
    Heard they were crying out for 'tradies' in Oz, due to a skills shortage, has that inflated the wages?! Can't believe that nice John Howard, was anywhere near as bad as the Thatch....
    The wages are high and the tax rebates are very generous - car, clothes, computers, phone bills etc can all be put against income tax at the end of the year to get a SIZEABLE return. Not sure what your field is or if you're interested, but can almost guarantee you could find yourself a very nice lifestyle here.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

  10. #1200
    badgergirl's Avatar
    badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,056
    There are two ways to exit the train station - turn right and head past the bottle shop or go straight, cut across the car park and head home. I often turn right and go wrong - the weekly shop, never leaving an open bottle. I'm nursing a horrible cough and told myself Thursday is the new Friday (often, lately, Wednesday is the new Friday too). I turned right, walked past the open door...and then I walked home. Told husband how close I'd been to getting in the bottles and he, most uncharacteristically, said that he wished I had. He'd been looking for something to drink...

    B: yoghurt, coffee
    L: tomato soup
    D: steak, Greek salad, carrot and beetroot salad, mushrooms; an apple and five dried apricots
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •