Page 119 of 294 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 2935

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 119

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Love it..... The things that come from babes mouths!
    And was your romantic trip to the tip top shop lucrative?????
    Sadly, no. But I mentally filed it as a possibility (there was a surprising number of sewing machines). Reminded me of this:
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    The old dried apple face!!!!!!!!!!!! Not to be confused with the dropped pie face...........
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Colds - ugh. I was hoping yours would just disappear. Sorry you feel icky.

But I need an Aussie/Brit-to-American translation: what is a municipal tip??
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post

Where one takes large rubbish to be disposed of - landfill.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Where one takes large rubbish to be disposed of - landfill.
    Council run and open to the general public, my local one won't let builders vans in, over here it's stuff the garbologists won't take, which as my rubbish bins about the size of a wicker basket is virtually bloody everything....

Gig alert, went to see the Boomtown Rats last night, went with an open mind as I can't say I'm the biggest Rats fan, but they were absolutely fantastic!

Little boy story's a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Gig alert, went to see the Boomtown Rats last night, went with an open mind as I can't say I'm the biggest Rats fan, but they were absolutely fantastic!
    Interesting. Did you know they're playing the Iggles Festival next summer?

The irony of this has not escaped me: I now follow happenings on the Iggles with an avidity bordering on stalkerish. I tracked all the trees that came down in the storm near my parents' house via Twitter. I shit you not.
    My LRB tells me that there will be a writers' festival IOWLF HOME somehow this is much more enticing than the Melbourne version.

One final thing to report, before I go to Bedfordshire...
    I arranged with a friend of best friend who I know through FB for best friend to have cake and cheeky juice delivered. The cheeky juice in this instance was ginger beer and rum, rather than gin and cider, but I think the warming glow will be similar, if not greater. Best friend was suitably cheered. *Spit, wipe* That's the halo sorted, then.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Interesting. Did you know they're playing the Iggles Festival next summer?

The irony of this has not escaped me: I now follow happenings on the Iggles with an avidity bordering on stalkerish. I tracked all the trees that came down in the storm near my parents' house via Twitter. I shit you not.
    My LRB tells me that there will be a writers' festival IOWLF HOME somehow this is much more enticing than the Melbourne version.
    That's interesting to know, I'd go and see um again! Must make it to that festival one year....

It's been a bit lively everywhere south of Brum, but I ain't surprised you're following the goings on, as they got the biggest winds down there on the IoW, hope everyone got out of it unscathed!

Quite well patronised as well the literary thingy, as it would appear to be a sell out, wouldn't mind hearing Tim Brooke Taylor....

And ginger beer and rum, gotta be a spicy little number....had the halo slipped?!
    Last edited by Dhansakdave; 10-29-2013 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    And ginger beer and rum, gotta be a spicy little number....had the halo slipped?!
    No. I don't think it had, but it always pays to give it an extra polish.

I feel a bit of a fraud still hanging out here as - finally this week came breaking point - I am no longer primleo. I keep coming back to the line from Michael Pollan: eat food, not too much, mostly vegetables. I get fairly hung up on food - quality, quantity, provenance - at the best of times and this level of restriction and overthinking has driven me crazier than ever. It's not even the blooming PB that does it, it's all the side nonsense - bro science and so forth. I've been getting more and more erratic in my eating and it's time to give myself a bit of a break.

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    No. I don't think it had, but it always pays to give it an extra polish.

I feel a bit of a fraud still hanging out here as - finally this week came breaking point - I am no longer primleo. I keep coming back to the line from Michael Pollan: eat food, not too much, mostly vegetables. I get fairly hung up on food - quality, quantity, provenance - at the best of times and this level of restriction and overthinking has driven me crazier than ever. It's not even the blooming PB that does it, it's all the side nonsense - bro science and so forth. I've been getting more and more erratic in my eating and it's time to give myself a bit of a break.
    Lolcats feelz ur pain!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...