Page 118 of 396 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 3957

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 118

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Oh my lord - I have missed so much on my AWOL........ Gwamma needs to read back a few pages, or 20 !!!!!!!!"
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Worked in the garden today. Chopped down trees (the cherry tree got hit by lightening in a storm a couple of weeks ago and the apple tree has wood worm or similar) and pulled weeds. Baked three Christmas cakes (two for sale) and three puds (one for sale, one for a gift). Cleaned the kitchen three times in between. Vacuumed. Three loads of laundry. I'm coming down with a cold.

But, still. A productive day.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Wow girl - that is a huge day.
    Time for a quiet nite, curled up on the sofa with a good book!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Worked in the garden today. Chopped down trees (the cherry tree got hit by lightening in a storm a couple of weeks ago and the apple tree has wood worm or similar) and pulled weeds. Baked three Christmas cakes (two for sale) and three puds (one for sale, one for a gift). Cleaned the kitchen three times in between. Vacuumed. Three loads of laundry. I'm coming down with a cold.

But, still. A productive day.
    What d'you do in the afternoon?!?!?!

Hope the cold comes to nothing.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Oh, and I was chatting to a friend yesterday who's little girl is losing her first set of teeth, her mouth looks like Stonehenge at the moment! The going rate is 1 for a front tooth and 2 for a back gnasher, not sure when the differing rates came in!

Small boy was flipping his French toast this morning - standing on a chair to reach and carefully supervised. We were talking about him being able to make his own breakfast soon.
    Small boy: 'One day, if you're still alive, I might even cook you breakfast.'

Thanks, son.

Cold matured. This is the second day at home, sick. Yesterday, late in the afternoon when I was getting cabin fever to go with the actual fever, husband took me for a little drive to a mystery destination: the shop at the municipal tip. We know how to do romance.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Small boy was flipping his French toast this morning - standing on a chair to reach and carefully supervised. We were talking about him being able to make his own breakfast soon.

Thanks, son.
    That made me LOL. I said a similar thing to my mum when I was little. "Mummy, I love your dress! Can I have it when you're dead?"

In earnest.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    That made me LOL. I said a similar thing to my mum when I was little. "Mummy, I love your dress! Can I have it when you're dead?"

In earnest.
    It's interesting, because everything is so transparent with little kids, how the push-pull of 'can't wait until you're cold / please never, ever die - it'd be the end of the world' plays out. Parental death is ultimate freedom; it's also terrifying aloneness. We don't really change as we age, we just become more nuanced in our expression.

Thanks, son.

Cold matured. This is the second day at home, sick. Yesterday, late in the afternoon when I was getting cabin fever to go with the actual fever, husband took me for a little drive to a mystery destination: the shop at the municipal tip. We know how to do romance.
    Love it..... The things that come from babes mouths!
    And was your romantic trip to the tip top shop lucrative?????

...small steps....

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's interesting, because everything is so transparent with little kids, how the push-pull of 'can't wait until you're cold / please never, ever die - it'd be the end of the world' plays out. Parental death is ultimate freedom; it's also terrifying aloneness. We don't really change as we age, we just become more nuanced in our expression.
    That's beautiful.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat