Page 112 of 295 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2943

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 112

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Also, re Veet. I have had my own lopsided adventures in that regard, but by far the wonkiest was when I tried to trim while in labour* before going to the hospital - once the bump went down and I could see again, I realised what a bad job I'd made of it. More of a bikini scribble than a bikini line.

* Yes, really. In active labour.
    lol..... since I have a hard time drawing a line with a ruler, scribble it is! My razor hand is as steady as a rock though...

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    I've not been feeling MDA lately - all the flame wars and bullying - it was beginning to bore and depress me. But now Crabby and Gwamma are back and the sun has come out from behind a cloud.

Worked an exam on Sunday. Don't get sick or pregnant would seem to be my takeaway from that experience. With the money - or some of it, anyway (there are car bills to pay) - I earned I bought an antique dining table and chairs. Hand carved, it's a little bit gothic. Husband is planning to refinish it - I have asked him not to stain it black. He stains everything black - our house resembles a Victorian rococo funeral parlour.
    Noticed you had been a little bit absent, does light up when the G & Crabb are in town....

Gothic, well! Saw a strange band last night called Rasputina who were supporting some other mob called the Smoke Fairies, any bloke playing the cello wearing a leather corset with a bunch of feathers in his hair is what I call strange anyway, good, if bizarre night!!

Also, re Veet. I have had my own lopsided adventures in that regard, but by far the wonkiest was when I tried to trim while in labour* before going to the hospital - once the bump went down and I could see again, I realised what a bad job I'd made of it. More of a bikini scribble than a bikini line.

* Yes, really. In active labour.
    Lol, I simply cannot imagine how you even managed that or failed to manage, and I got a pretty good imagination!

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    lol..... since I have a hard time drawing a line with a ruler, scribble it is! My razor hand is as steady as a rock though...
    Good thing to, you wouldn't want to nick any sensitive areas now would you....

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Saw a strange band last night called Rasputina who were supporting some other mob called the Smoke Fairies, any bloke playing the cello wearing a leather corset with a bunch of feathers in his hair is what I call strange anyway, good, if bizarre night!!
    I know them - they did a cool song for Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Sounds like an ace night; not keen on feathers in hair, but I like a man who can rock a corset.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Noticed you had been a little bit absent, does light up when the G & Crabb are in town....

Gothic, well! Saw a strange band last night called Rasputina who were supporting some other mob called the Smoke Fairies, any bloke playing the cello wearing a leather corset with a bunch of feathers in his hair is what I call strange anyway, good, if bizarre night!!

Lol, I simply cannot imagine how you even managed that or failed to manage, and I got a pretty good imagination!

Good thing to, you wouldn't want to nick any sensitive areas now would you....
    true that... I am partial to my nose..... it's original equipment...

I know them - they did a cool song for Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Sounds like an ace night; not keen on feathers in hair, but I like a man who can rock a corset.
    I can imagine their stuff being used on Buffy, it was a bit dark, they did say they've done the theme tune to some comedy mind!

Got to say he didn't do a lot for me!! The singist on the other hand was dressed like some medieval/fantasy maiden....

The singist on the other hand was dressed like some medieval/fantasy maiden....
    <perk> hmmmm

The singist on the other hand was dressed like some medieval/fantasy maiden....
    Husband just swooned.

Before he met me, there was medieval girl. They dated for a while and she took him to re-enactment events where pomanders were used as tools for flirting. I think he still misses her. Sometimes he buys me crushed velvet clothes and Arwen-type dresses. I am not little miss gothic fantasy maiden though and usually pass them on in short order.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Husband just swooned.

Before he met me, there was medieval girl. They dated for a while and she took him to re-enactment events where pomanders were used as tools for flirting. I think he still misses her. Sometimes he buys me crushed velvet clothes and Arwen-type dresses. I am not little miss gothic fantasy maiden though and usually pass them on in short order.
    I don't see you as the gothic fantasy maiden, but the Arwen dresses sound interesting.... not for me. mind... I prefer a ruffled shirt and a wee-kilt

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    true that... I am partial to my nose..... it's original equipment...
    Only yer nose....

Husband just swooned.

Lol, you got to admire his persistance though?!

Lol, you got to admire his persistance though?!
    Sometimes I wear velvet. It's a useful short cut.