Page 110 of 318 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 3173

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 110

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Yes, indeed. I was on the bus chatting to the woman sitting next to me and she queried whether my son was 'arts' or 'science'. I was a bit taken aback - surely five is too young to pigeonhole? But she was sure, with her four, who was leaning which way. I thought a lot about this conversation later because we always say I'm words and husband is pictures, but if you looked at us more closely you might see that I'm biochem and words; he's maths, physics and pictures. We both love music, but he's more mathematically musical and I'm more emotively musical... What I'm getting at is that there are many ways to slice and dice the attributes and leanings. And five is too young to start making those divisions - they are false dichotomies anyway, usually.

B: two eggs scrambled with cream; coffee
    L: two poached eggs, bacon, spinach, sausage, mushrooms (meeting a friend for lunch and I know I'm having the all-day breakfast!)
    D: roast pork and veggies
    Yummy food.

Agreed five is way too young to pigeonhole children, especially to label as "not" something eg sporty, arty, sciencey , whatever....Sometimes you can see they do have a particular talent or interest for something in particular (eg can sing in tune) but that doesn't mean that's the only thing they'll be good at or even become their major thing, there are plenty of things they haven't yet even tried.

Having said that, my middle daughter is just finishing a linguistics degree, she first became interested in languages at age four.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    I always thought I didn't like lamb, but now I realise I don't like mint sauce. I like lamb if it's in a korma or a passander, with mint and yoghurt, with cinnamon and tahini, with cumin, as an iskender...basically ANYTHING other than *ugh* mint jelly/sauce.
    Not that big on mint sauce meself, found it too sweet last time I had it as well!

Yes, but I was good and abstained. Drying out is working and my little convex belly is gradually getting less rotund. Also the slight pads at the back of my hips are thinning out. I haven't measured or weighed or even tried on any of my tighter clothes, but I can just feel it's working. All the extra walking hasn't hurt either.
    If it be working, even if it only feels like it, then happy days, I blame the walking meself....

My best mates got a five year old and he said much the same thing to his missus, just let her learn for now.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Yesterday small boy reached a very important development milestone...
    His first hair dye:
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    He is too cute!!!!

Badger, I wanted to thank you here for all your support over the last few weeks. Your wow (words.of.wisdom) resonated deeply with me, and meant a lot. "Thanks" doesn't cut what I feel, but that's language for ya! I'm sure you understand. <3
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    my new saying - you rock like a boulder.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Small boy is cute cute CUTE. Love his gorgeous wide-eyed smile

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Badger- that is one very cute wee man.
    It reminds me of a wee story, when I had my preschool a mum came to me and said " don,t be concerned if Johnny's hair is falling out. Apparently he had put some product in his hair - just like dad always did.
    Unfortunately the product he had used was veet !!!!!!!!!
    After getting over the safety issue, I found that hilarious
    X
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    It reminds me of a wee story, when I had my preschool a mum came to me and said " don,t be concerned if Johnny's hair is falling out. Apparently he had put some product in his hair - just like dad always did.
    X
    lol

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Can see a bit of your smile in the little man there BG.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    X
    Veet, I posted this linkof Amazon reviews for Veet in another journal, some of these are moderately amusing, and if you go by the latest review, it's still ongoing!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Me is thinking DD that that link holds some VERY GOOD advice.
    Do not use veet on the old sak, crack, and back !!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....