Page 107 of 224 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 2235

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 107

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    It's a good rule.
    It's an okay rule, I've still said or e-mailed things when as mad as a lorry and not regretted it yet even though one did get me a bollocking for harrasment....

But, I fester. I am just as enraged today as I was yesterday and would say the same things all over again, perhaps even more strongly.
    Like your style!

My sleep patterns though are completely screwed. Last night was about five hours, the night before was fractionally less. Too much time snuggling and not enough time spent sleeping. I got through our - whirlwind - courtship on a mixture of red wine (evenings) and red bull (mornings). I could use a pint of both right about now.
    But think of all the 'snuggling' or 'courting' or whatever you wants to call it yer getting....

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    B: yoghurt, coffee
    L: red cabbage, bacon, tuna (an odd combo, I realise, but surprisingly satisfying)
    D: some kind of sliverside slow-cook effort (husband is cooking)

It feels good to have my mo full of jo again. It's only been missing for an entire year - almost to the day. My sleep patterns though are completely screwed. Last night was about five hours, the night before was fractionally less. Too much time snuggling and not enough time spent sleeping. I got through our - whirlwind - courtship on a mixture of red wine (evenings) and red bull (mornings). I could use a pint of both right about now.
    hmmmm Red Bull Wine... but only if it comes in a bottle with a screw cap!

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    And a commode, or maybe a gurney....

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Many, many years ago Red Bull and vodka was my chosen way to round off an evening. The blasted stuff never worked in the moment, it was only when my head finally hit the pillow that I'd feel wide awake. RB is terrible stuff though and soon after I moved in with husband I weaned myself off it. I worked with people who drank it all day... *shudders*
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Okay, so the weekend was a bit of a washout - wine, cake, hummus, spanokopita - but it could have been much worse (actually, not that much wine and at least the cake and pie was made by my own fair hand). Today I'm totally back on track, despite husband practically begging me to take a sickie and stay home with him.
    L: Greek salad (leftovers - I'd done skewers for the party)
    D: beef and crudites (leftovers, essentially)

Husband enjoyed the skydive and when he got home on Sunday afternoon we had a little party with some friends and family popping over for high tea.

Saturday had been mad hectic what with taking the small boy to the movies, cake making, a children's party to attend, cake decorating and lots of mummy-and-me activities (bath, sleeping in our bed, extra stories etc). The cake decorating went badly and I comforted myself with slices of offcut cake 'buttered' with icing. Sunday was also a blur, what with cleaning and prepping for the party, and I did rather fall into a bucket of hummus.

Not quite sure why husband is so eager to have wifey and me time,but it's very sweet to see him look mournful as I insist that I have to run out of the door. Small boy goes back to school tomorrow.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 10-06-2013 at 07:08 PM.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Many, many years ago Red Bull and vodka was my chosen way to round off an evening. The blasted stuff never worked in the moment, it was only when my head finally hit the pillow that I'd feel wide awake. RB is terrible stuff though and soon after I moved in with husband I weaned myself off it. I worked with people who drank it all day... *shudders*
    I reckons RB tastes rank, there don't be no amount of vodka that can make it pallatable!

Okay, so the weekend was a bit of a washout - wine, cake, hummus, spanokopita - but it could have been much worse (actually, not that much wine and at least the cake and pie was made by my own fair hand). Today I'm totally back on track, despite husband practically begging me to take a sickie and stay home with him.
    L: Greek salad (leftovers - I'd done skewers for the party)
    D: beef and crudites (leftovers, essentially)

Husband enjoyed the skydive and when he got home on Sunday afternoon we had a little party with some friends and family popping over for high tea.

Saturday had been mad hectic what with taking the small boy to the movies, cake making, a children's party to attend, cake decorating and lots of mummy-and-me activities (bath, sleeping in our bed, extra stories etc). The cake decorating went badly and I comforted myself with slices of offcut cake 'buttered' with icing. Sunday was also a blur, what with cleaning and prepping for the party, and I did rather fall into a bucket of hummus.

Not quite sure why husband is so eager to have wifey and me time,but it's very sweet to see him look mournful as I insist that I have to run out of the door. Small boy goes back to school tomorrow.
    Blood 'yell, did you find time to breath inbetween all that....

L: beef in tomato and cream sauce (the very last of the leftover leftovers), broc (the last of the party crudites)
    D: smoked salmon and veg (hopefully - I'm relying on husband to not think putting salmon on the table = making dinner)

Crampy nonsense today. I'm lucky, I suppose, that it only happens one day a month, but it still is a right pain. I want, so desperately, to curl up in bed with a book, a hottie (either bottle or eye candy) and an inexhaustible supply of chocolate. Alas, I am sitting on Scarlet Poppy and ostensibly working instead.

It occurs to me that I have been on a rather even keel for some months now. This is a pleasant surprise after all the squalls of recent times. No eff-brain thoughts, no self-destructive urges dressed up as glorious decadence. It feels rather odd to be so stable.

If only husband could find a job...

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    I reckons RB tastes rank, there don't be no amount of vodka that can make it pallatable!
    There is a very sour note to it, isn't there? The taint of macerated bull scrotum that no amount of HFCS can disguise.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    There is a very sour note to it, isn't there? The taint of macerated bull scrotum that no amount of HFCS can disguise.
    Do I really want to know how you know what a macerated bull scrotum tastes like? lol.....

It occurs to me that I have been on a rather even keel for some months now. This is a pleasant surprise after all the squalls of recent times. No eff-brain thoughts, no self-destructive urges dressed up as glorious decadence. It feels rather odd to be so stable.
    And long may it continue!

If only husband could find a job...
    And may it long not continue....

Do I really want to know how you know what a macerated bull scrotum tastes like? lol.....
    Lol, pretty close to the bottom of my list of things to sample, I reckons....