Page 105 of 377 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 3769

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 105

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Sorry about the family drama.
    Thank you. Luckily they're only inlaws and husband thinks they are crazier than I do. He's ready to disown them all, whereas I keep a facade of pleasantries going.

Right. The boys are at the beach from now - Sunday afternoon - until Wednesday evening. I've cleaned the house and cooked a ton of food that they don't like. My freedom is mightily curtailed by the realities of the working week, but I'm feeling positive that I will be able to enjoy my quiet time.*

B: two eggs scrambled with butter and dill, 200g of smoked salmon, coffee
    L: cream of broc soup, slice of 'Tasty' cheese
    D: chili made with: three habanero chilis, an aubergine, three courgettes, two red capsicums, onion, garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes, liquid smoke, allspice, cinnamon sticks, cocoa powder and STEAK. Clearly, there is a large pot of leftovers... Served with half an avo and sour cream. WHOOOOO!

I also walked the dog. Half an hour turned into an hour and a half when I managed to get myself lost! Never mind, we both enjoyed it. The weather today was glorious.

*Alone time can so easily tip into self-destruction dressed up as ultimate indulgence: drunk at breakfast and scoffing blocks of cheese and/or chocolate. Now, work will help me avoid that and I've committed to nourishing myself and exercising like a responsible adult instead and, truly, eating and living well (in peace and quiet with my own tastes fully engaged rather than compromised for the family) is a LUXURY. I've got myself some diet tonic water and the tree will supply infinite lemons. There is a serious amount of hard liquor in the house ready for the husband's 40th birthday weekend with his buddies, but that shall remain untouched.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 09-29-2013 at 01:19 AM.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Alone time is going well so far. The house is clean, my meals cooked. I got to bed at a good time last night after watching a cheesy movie* - a rare treat. Only. I. Did. Not. Sleep. Tossed and turned for four hours before hitting the Dimetapp. Left husband's temazapan in the cupboard - if taken halfway through the night it leaves me with boiled cabbage for brains the next day.

B: yoghurt, coffee
    L: three mini saveloys, thai pumpkin soup
    D: chili, sour cream, half an avo

* Sliding Doors. The fashion hasn't dated too much and her haircut is fantastic, still, but her eyebrows are MIA, drawn-in brown lines and it's really disconcerting. All-in-all it stands up surprisingly well. Some of the dialogue is a joy - I particularly enjoy Russell, the cheating boyfriend's best friend. I found myself identifying some oddities - since when are people allowed to stare into operating theatres and, later, if someone flatlines, don't staff run in? Anyway, enjoyable silly nonsense and in my tossing and turning waiting for sleep last night I thought I might also revisit Paltrow's other early-English-phase movies: Shakespeare in Love and Emma.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 09-29-2013 at 09:53 PM.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Guess who was in my house when I came home?

Once the doubtful guest had been ushered out of the door, last night's alone time was magical. I have a new London Review of Books to read and my chili was spectacular. Very abbreviated screen time and an obscenely early night saw me getting a solid nine hours sleep last night - bliss!

All my meals are the same as yesterday, minus the cheeky sausages:
    L: thai pumpkin soup

I'm fitdaying again to see if the demon drink really is the reason for a lack of weight loss (here's a clue for you [me]: YES, IT IS). Scores for the day are 1,350 calories: 55% fat, 24% carbs, 22% protein.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 10-01-2013 at 02:50 AM.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Once the doubtful guest had been ushered out of the door, last night's along time was magical. I have a new London Review of Books to read and my chili was spectacular. Very abbreviated screen time and an obscenely early night saw me getting a solid nine hours sleep last night - bliss!

All my meals are the same as yesterday, minus the cheeky sausages:
    L: thai pumpkin soup

I'm fitdaying again to see if the demon drink really is the reason for a lack of weight loss (here's a clue for you [me]: YES, IT IS). Scores for the day are 1,350 calories: 55% fat, 24% carbs, 22% protein.
    Yeah for long sleep! I typically only get 5-6 hours a day... part of why I'm a curmudgeon....

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Yeah for long sleep! I typically only get 5-6 hours a day... part of why I'm a curmudgeon....
    For the first two years of small boy's life we got by on four or so hours a night. It destroyed us. When he finally started to reliably sleep, only waking once or twice, the fog started to lift and we realised, in retrospect, we'd been unhinged. I blame a lot of the poor-decision making we displayed during that time on profound and prolonged sleep deprivation.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    For the first two years of small boy's life we got by on four or so hours a night. It destroyed us. When he finally started to reliably sleep, only waking once or twice, the fog started to lift and we realised, in retrospect, we'd been unhinged. I blame a lot of the poor-decision making we displayed during that time on profound and prolonged sleep deprivation.
    Understand that... my 2 boys are 13 months apart.... Could explain some of my decisions as well.... that, and I was just an idjit at the time....

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Understand that... my 2 boys are 13 months apart.... Could explain some of my decisions as well.... that, and I was just an idjit at the time....
    The joys of on-demand breastfeeding: I had amenorrhea for THREE YEARS. No Irish twins for me... Of course, that needn't have stopped husband from procreating elsewhere, but neither of us had the energy for playing the field then.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 10-01-2013 at 05:51 PM.

And so, like all good things, my alone time will come to an end today. I fully anticipate the house being in chaos when I return and the noise and irritation of the evening to back in force. Le sigh. I have not missed the XYs, indeed I only wish they'd taken the dog with them and my XX time could have been unpolluted. But then I suppose the dog was someone to talk to.

This is also the last day of identical meals for a while.
    L: thai pumpkin/carrot soup
    D: beef chili w/sour cream (I forgot to add the avo last night and didn't miss it)

I expect I'll be on bath and story, as is only fair after three nights off. God, the glamour that is my life.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    And so, like all good things, my alone time will come to an end today. I fully anticipate the house being in chaos when I return and the noise and irritation of the evening to back in force. Le sigh. I have not missed the XYs, indeed I only wish they'd taken the dog with them and my XX time could have been unpolluted. But then I suppose the dog was someone to talk to.
    And the dog don't answer back....

I expect I'll be on bath and story, as is only fair after three nights off. God, the glamour that is my life.
    Pure Rock 'n' Roll....