Page 102 of 357 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 3570

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 102

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I'm going to be racing around the shops this afternoon - not really a corset-worthy activity.
    Tell that to the male gender of the species....Comprehend comfort as I get older though, so understandable!

Many years ago, husband and I became very keen on bull's blood wine - it was the anniversary year of the label we particularly liked and each bottle was decorated with a little gold bull. We kept them and used them as tree decorations that Christmas...
    Only tried bulls blood once, didn't think much of it, must have been an inferior year, sounds like a good excuse to try it again!

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Had. The. Best. Time. Ever.

As a gig it was better than seeing PJ Harvey in Manchester with a contemporary dance group, better than seeing Tori Amos in a tiny theatre in central London as she showcased Tales From a Librarian for media lovies...it was better than any gig I've been to. There was such immense joy on the stage and the audience was kind. People were nice to each other even while moshing - fans of the Dropkick Murphys take note.

Got home at 1am. Up at 6am. That's a grand total of 13 hours sleep in the last three nights put together. When we got in I realised I'd been awake for a full 24 hours.

B: Indian eggs, coffee (lots)
    L: tuna, salsa, vast lakes of melted cheese, sour cream; roast almond cadbury's choc

I danced so much last night that I feel as though I've been flattened by a steam(punk)roller. Every little bit of me hurts.

Oddly, but luckily, the new glasses look better with the prescription lenses in them than they did with plain glass.

Bye bye old glasses - last night was your last hurrah
    Last edited by badgergirl; 09-20-2013 at 08:18 PM.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Concert dancing is the best. I don't know AFP, even tho, thanks to Cori, I know what that stands for. Glad you had huge fun. Fourth got to see a Cirque du Soleil show with hubby two weeks ago - Totem. She was entranced. Mid-Oct, First, Second and I will be at Swan Lake ballet. I told those two that if Grandma is footing the bill for us to go to a big theater in Columbus, then they need to "dress" for the event. Country life is mostly cool - except for the fact that "dressed up" here means wearing freshly laundered versions of what you normally wear. And First now thinks dresses and skirts belong to a past life of hers...

My local country-bred nephews once were snapped by a pro photog, brought into the MIL's home by my MIL to take full family portraits during one holiday when all of the family was in attendance, and properly forewarned to boot, in old gym socks and wrinkly plaid shirts with shirttails a-danglin'. I don't know how my MIL held her tongue.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Working party at brother in law's property. He works full time in the city and has a much longer commute than I do (they live deep in the bush) his wife has lupus - so not much time/spoons to get the property ready for fire season. The thing about eucalypts is they want to burn. They shed leaves and papery bark all year round - leaves and bark that have oil in them. BiL's house is surrounded by trees, under the trees is a thick layer of leaves, twigs and bark. So we raked, we piled, we burned. And then we did some more. We concentrated on clearing the ground nearest the house. We didn't manage to get very far, but it's a start.

B: Indian eggs, five macadamia nuts, two coffees
    L: meat, veggie burger
    D: beef and mucho veggie stirfry

I. am. wiped. out.

Then I did a quick freelance editing job - will be doing dribs and drabs for the next few days.

WIPED OUT.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 09-22-2013 at 02:39 AM.

Still wiped out today. Have come to work for a rest. It does highlight to me just how many hours I spend sitting on my butt.

B: eggs - each day I get a bit heavier with the spicing, today's were hot - coffee
    L: ratatouille w/feta
    D: husband is making chili

Also still on cloud nine from Friday night's amazing activities. Such a good weekend. I want rock concerts and bonfires every weekend.

Also still on cloud nine from Friday night's amazing activities. Such a good weekend. I want rock concerts and bonfires every weekend.
    You wouldn't be alone there, loud music and a flambe, ideal.... Looks like you had a reasonable time judging by the photo, that's the biggest smile I've seen in years!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    You wouldn't be alone there, loud music and a flambe, ideal.... Looks like you had a reasonable time judging by the photo, that's the biggest smile I've seen in years!
    I love dancing and live music. It really doesn't take much to make me happy...but that gig was seriously brilliant!

I love dancing and live music. It really doesn't take much to make me happy...but that gig was seriously brilliant!
    Maybe not so much the dancing (unless one too many libations have been imbibed), but the live music, oh yes.... Went to gig on Saturday in Bath to see an indie band from the eighties called The Primitives, it was mint, gots to admit, did get a bit of a dance on, great night!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Maybe not so much the dancing (unless one too many libations have been imbibed), but the live music, oh yes.... Went to gig on Saturday in Bath to see an indie band from the eighties called The Primitives, it was mint, gots to admit, did get a bit of a dance on, great night!
    One day, either in Bath, Bristol or at Bestival... you and I are going to mosh like loons... It's a date.