Page 101 of 344 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3433

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 101

  1. #1001
    Dhansakdave's Avatar
    Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    2,096
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Husband 'works' 14-16 hour days on his hobby. This goes far beyond being a little bit unavailable
    That ain't a hobby, that's an obsession, I can see why you got the pin!

    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    yup... 14-16 hour days make for unavailability. My wife works those kinds of hours..... and "fortunately" I work night, so I either at work or asleep when she is unavailable.... when she's not home, I play in the garden.... or with chickens....
    Whatever works, hey! Playing with chickens, err....

  2. #1002
    badgergirl's Avatar
    badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,209
    Steak and salad turned out to be burgers without the bread. Aussies call this a burger with the lot: egg, beetroot, steak, bacon, onions, lettuce, tomato... I couldn't fit cheese on the plate.

    Husband needs a job. A real paid job. Every discussion ends with that eternal verity.

    AFP tomorrow. Either LBD or corset and jeans. Corset is wedding attire. Ribcage will be throbby, but as Frenchy said in Grease: beauty is pain.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

  3. #1003
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,874
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Steak and salad turned out to be burgers without the bread. Aussies call this a burger with the lot: egg, beetroot, steak, bacon, onions, lettuce, tomato... I couldn't fit cheese on the plate.

    Husband needs a job. A real paid job. Every discussion ends with that eternal verity.

    AFP tomorrow. Either LBD or corset and jeans. Corset is wedding attire. Ribcage will be throbby, but as Frenchy said in Grease: beauty is pain.
    If LBD means Little Black Dress..... thats a pretty frikin close 2nd to the corset...... I have VERY fond memories of a LBD event.... <swoon> lol

  4. #1004
    Dhansakdave's Avatar
    Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    2,096
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Steak and salad turned out to be burgers without the bread. Aussies call this a burger with the lot: egg, beetroot, steak, bacon, onions, lettuce, tomato... I couldn't fit cheese on the plate.
    Bigger platters required, saying that, they sounds just the right size for me?!

    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Husband needs a job. A real paid job. Every discussion ends with that eternal verity.
    Soundslike groundhog arguement!

    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    AFP tomorrow. Either LBD or corset and jeans. Corset is wedding attire. Ribcage will be throbby, but as Frenchy said in Grease: beauty is pain.
    I reckons you already knows what the male fraternity would prefer....

  5. #1005
    badgergirl's Avatar
    badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,209
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    If LBD means Little Black Dress..... thats a pretty frikin close 2nd to the corset...... I have VERY fond memories of a LBD event.... <swoon> lol
    Yes, little black dress. This one is stretchy with sheer bits. Versus corset and skinnys. Comfort and ease (of access) versus awesomeness.

    Bacon man introduced me to AFP. Thank you, bacon man.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

  6. #1006
    badgergirl's Avatar
    badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Soundslike groundhog arguement!....
    Yes. Indeed. This has been going on for years.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

  7. #1007
    Dhansakdave's Avatar
    Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    2,096
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Yes. Indeed. This has been going on for years.
    Jesus, that is the patiance of Job on your part!

    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    I have VERY fond memories of a LBD event.... <swoon> lol
    Ooh err sir, that sounds like it might be a story that's not suitable for my innocent ears....

  8. #1008
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Jesus, that is the patiance of Job on your part!



    Ooh err sir, that sounds like it might be a story that's not suitable for my innocent ears....
    err.... yeah, it was a good night.... best lasagna I have ever had

  9. #1009
    badgergirl's Avatar
    badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,209
    Right then, decision made: back skinnys, black boots and a purple vest top with a racer back made out of black lace. Sorry, boys, I went for comfort. I didn't want my enjoyment of the evening to be marred by even momentary discomfort and, as I discovered at our wedding, one does not sit down to a large dinner in a tight corset and expect to be able to eat. Also, while perfect for the concert, I'm going to be racing around the shops this afternoon - not really a corset-worthy activity.

    B: two eggs - you know the drill - a sprinkle of curry powder (not enough to flavour/dominate - just a hint)
    L: leftovers - I thought coq au vin, turned out to be a batch of borscht I'd beefed up, so to speak, with a generous slug of port
    D: out avec husband his choice of venue, odd choice, but whatever...I think I will have confit pork belly w apple walnut salad & mustard fruits and a glass or two of Angus the Bull Cabernet Sauvignon

    Many years ago, husband and I became very keen on bull's blood wine - it was the anniversary year of the label we particularly liked and each bottle was decorated with a little gold bull. We kept them and used them as tree decorations that Christmas...
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

  10. #1010
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,874
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Right then, decision made: back skinnys, black boots and a purple vest top with a racer back made out of black lace. Sorry, boys, I went for comfort. I didn't want my enjoyment of the evening to be marred by even momentary discomfort and, as I discovered at our wedding, one does not sit down to a large dinner in a tight corset and expect to be able to eat. Also, while perfect for the concert, I'm going to be racing around the shops this afternoon - not really a corset-worthy activity.

    B: two eggs - you know the drill - a sprinkle of curry powder (not enough to flavour/dominate - just a hint)
    L: leftovers - I thought coq au vin, turned out to be a batch of borscht I'd beefed up, so to speak, with a generous slug of port
    D: out avec husband his choice of venue, odd choice, but whatever...I think I will have confit pork belly w apple walnut salad & mustard fruits and a glass or two of Angus the Bull Cabernet Sauvignon

    Many years ago, husband and I became very keen on bull's blood wine - it was the anniversary year of the label we particularly liked and each bottle was decorated with a little gold bull. We kept them and used them as tree decorations that Christmas...
    There is something to be said for comfort....

    interesting tree decoration.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •