Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: parrottrl's Primal Journal page 2

parrottrl is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    CW: 173.4 lbs

I'm thinking it's water weight that's fluctuating so much; however, I have not have a bowl movement in four days now. I've given up with the primal methods. Hopefully, I'll feel better in a few hours.

I have a new smart phone, so I'm going to look for some primal apps to help me out.

Good news: found cheaper uncured bacon (Kroger)

Bad news: fat, constipated, muscle weakness.

CW: 173.6 lbs

I walked just shy of 10 miles over the weekend with the dog (7 mo. GSD) in the park. I calling it walking with resistance because she pulls so much. I'm a crap dog owner, apparently.

I'm still fighting my weight. It's winning, and taking a toll on my self-confidence and just how I feel about the future and everything. I'm eating according to the most rule-heavy, depriving lifestyle known to man, and still not seeing much change beyond those initial few weeks. I feel good, but I don't want to feel good. I want to weigh what a non-bovine of my age, height, and gender is supposed to weigh (max = 135 lbs.). I want people to treat me like they did when I weight < 155lbs. The rest is utter window-dressing bullshit.

I don't know if PB will ever get me there, but I handle twenty-plus 'diet' books every day at work and I know that there's nothing out there as logical or appealing to my sensibilities as a writer and person.

Oh, well. I'll try to cut more calories, but I don't like feeling hungry all the time like I did before. I know I'm active enough to eat 1500 - 1600 per day and still lose.

Good news: I did relose those couple pounds, my stamina is increasing.

Bad: yup...constipated, struggling emotionally with lack of success.

So I had a bit of an accident today. I ate a 70% dark chocolate bar. That's 310 calories. However, it had absolutely no discernible effect on my blood-sugar (89 @ three - four hours later) or on my hungry level (low). I had a BAS tonight with chopped eggs and shrimp to balance things out, and I would have gone walking, but the park gate closed earlier than expected.

The boyfriend and I intend to buy a treadmill and a weight machine from the referb sporting goods store. Not primal, but I think given the heat and my inability to do chin ups, these things will be more beneficial than not.

I think I need to get more fiber in my diet. Most of it right now comes from nuts and salad components. I would prefer to take Fiber Choice prebiotic fiber tablets, but how primal are those? Hmm...

Good news: down 6.4% body fat since June, constipation is easing up, support from coworkers.

Bad news: that damn scale is still telling me I'm a heifer.

CW: 174 lbs.

I can't even talk about how frustrated I am feeling with the whole primal thing. I'm eating right, fairly active, and doing my best to follow the blueprint, but I am not losing any weight. I've been stuck longer than I made progress. I've plateaued and then some. I have nothing left to cut without venturing into the land of unsustainable privation. I've actually cut enough to start feeling hunger pangs again.

If I don't see some change in my weight (< 170) or body fat (2% drop) by September 1st, I am trying something else to lose weight. Fuck this shit. I'll stay gluten-free, of course, but I'm going to fiber-load with beans and supplements and eat fruit again.

I need to lose weight. Nothing else matters.

PrimalCon New York
    CW: 172.2 lbs

I haven't posted in a while, but since I'm getting close to the cut-off day for deciding whether I want to stay Primal or not, here I am.

The weight still isn't coming off. Not even 2 lbs in three weeks, but sometimes, I think it's inching that way. Then I have a huge serving of meat and it shoots up again.

I've picked up a new, HUGE stresser - my BF moved in. This means I have less control over food/sleep/environment/time/comfort. I have been literally asleep on my feet three out of the last five days. Suck! I have lost the effective ability to manage my meals. I still eat primally because I'm able to shovel his carbs aside. I expected him to be supportive because he hates my fatness almost as much as I do.

Good news: we have a treadmill, diet okay.

Bad: no sleep, tons stress, constipated (but not as bad), achy, itchy, stressed out.

Am I sticking with PB? Yes, but will reevaluate at the beginning of October. If I'm not under 170 by then, screw this mess. I'll find something better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12