Thread: What is VLC? page

What is VLC?

Primal Fuel
    In another thread, someone mentioned having VLC plus chromium picolinate to eliminate sugar cravings. What is VLC? I googled it, and all I came up with is a free download that is the equivalent of Windows Media Player. Somehow, I don't think this was what they were talking about!

I am trying to line up the right supplements, as I am still having severe carb cravings after 3 1/2 weeks of primal eating. So far, I think I should be taking vitamin D, vitamin C, Alpha lipoic acid (it has helped me a lot), fish oil, probiotics and chromium picolinate. I'm just curious about the VLC bit.

I have decided to add in some tubers at dinner to see if that takes care of the carb cravings. It is slowly dawning on me that if I need carbs, I should eat carbs, just the right kind. I'm going to try sweet potatoes with butter and Jerusalem artichoke, if I can find it.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    VLC is a very good media player but here it mean very low carb. A lot of people find it a good way to kick start weight loss, but the consensus seems to be it is not idea long term.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

gempdx44 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohannaAnderson View Post
    In another thread, someone mentioned having VLC plus chromium picolinate to eliminate sugar cravings. What is VLC? I googled it, and all I came up with is a free download that is the equivalent of Windows Media Player. Somehow, I don't think this was what they were talking about!

I am trying to line up the right supplements, as I am still having severe carb cravings after 3 1/2 weeks of primal eating. So far, I think I should be taking vitamin D, vitamin C, Alpha lipoic acid (it has helped me a lot), fish oil, probiotics and chromium picolinate. I'm just curious about the VLC bit.

I have decided to add in some tubers at dinner to see if that takes care of the carb cravings. It is slowly dawning on me that if I need carbs, I should eat carbs, just the right kind. I'm going to try sweet potatoes with butter and Jerusalem artichoke, if I can find it.
    It stands for "Very Low Carb". Opinions seem to vary on how many grams per day that is, but a commonly cited number is 50g per day or less. For others, it's more like 20-30g per day.

Thanks! That explains it.

MarjorieHui is offline Junior Member
    the consensus seems to be it is not idea long term.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What is VLC? Not appropriate for the majority of people that do it, that's what

Sorry, I gave into the temptation.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.