Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for Breakfast. Is 6 eggs per week too much? page

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member

Suggestions for Breakfast. Is 6 eggs per week too much?

Primal Fuel
    I'm looking for some ideas for breakfast. I'm starting week 2 and getting tired of 1 hardboiled egg, and a handful of raspberries or blueberries. Any suggestions?

rccrsphil is offline Senior Member
    I usually eat 6 eggs in a sitting :/ I would imagine that I wouldn't be too far off from the norm around here. What do your other meals look like?
    Primal Journal of a Filipino Cherokee Grok
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53103.html

SAD weight: 250
    Current Primal weight: 183.2

FrankiG is offline Member
    Try sauteeing ground turkey/beef/lamb patties in a sausage seasoning (I use a blend I mix myself from a recipe in Well Fed by Melissa Joulwan) and have that for breakfast as 'sausage' without the nasty ingredients/fillers in storebought.

You can do nuts for breakfast if you make fake granola, but that can wind up being too many nuts FYI.

Coconut flour blueberry muffins (those have 1/2 egg per muffin) - I use the recipe at elanaspantry.com but half the sweetener to just 2.5 Tbsp of raw honey for the entire dozen muffins

Sweet potato hash is really good - shred up a sweet potato, saute with your favorite fat (I like both coconut oil and butter) and serve. Throw some green vegetables in it too.

Sauteed spinach with lemon is delicious for breakfast - I pair it with scrambled eggs.

Leftovers are always good.

Something with chicken or a steak for breakfast also sounds appetizing.

Some people like bacon for breakfast but we use it more as a condiment around here and not as a straight protein source.
    Teacher and Homeschooler
    One husband of 9 years,
    Two kids (6 & 3)
    Pregnant with #3, due this summer

Going primal resolved my anxiety symptoms!!!

rhiarti is offline Member
    I start my day with "bulletproof" coffee (coffee, butter, coconut oil) now - sends my energy levels sky high and comfortably sees me through till lunch, when I'm more inclined to want actual food.

I also make a twelve egg scramble that sees me through the weekdays, so I'd definitely say your six is fine!

Not sure where you got the hard boiled egg and berries from, but pretty certain I'd get bored of that quickly, too. There are tons of recipes on the forums, so you might benefit from searching for "breakfast". An awful lot depends on what you personally find good to eat! (Sorry, that sounds horribly vague, but where I love something like steak and eggs for breakfast if I'm eating, you might think that sounds awful!)
    Went primal for the weight loss, stayed for the quality of life!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I often eat 4-6 eggs per day in various forms! You don't have to be afraid of eggs. However, I'd switch up that breakfast--hardboiled egg and berries would bore me after a while too.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    I'm looking for some ideas for breakfast. I'm starting week 2 and getting tired of 1 hardboiled egg, and a handful of raspberries or blueberries. Any suggestions?
    That's IT??? Good grief! If you are going to eat that little don't eat anything at all.

My breakfast today was 2 eggs and 2 small lamb chops.

Eggs are rich in choline. Choline is good for you and not easy to come by. One egg does not have your daily recommendation for choline, so eat 2 at a time to be sure to get enough.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    5 egg scramble with some variety of veggies and 2 oz of pepperjack cheese along side 6 pieces of bacon.....that was mine today anyhow. Skip the cheese if it bugs you.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    I typically dont' eat "breakfast" besides coffee & cream. You'll find this easier if you stop trying to replace the traditional breakfast with a primalized version. Don't eat it at all if you're not hungry.

My first food of the day is late morning or lunch, so I go straight to "lunch/dinner" foods. Leftovers from the night before are a good start.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    I alternate between soup (mutton flap) and bacon/eggs/mushrooms/capsicums cooked in ghee.

Although on the weekend I had scrambled microwaved eggs (5 eggs, some cream and some butter) with refried potatoes which was awesome.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

dgreenwood is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah, it sounds like you are trying to under eat which always destroys any chance of long term success for me. When I eat, I want to be full when I'm done.

Today I sauteed a little more than 1/2 lbs of shrimp in coconut oil and then threw in a handful of fresh spinach as it was finishing up. While the spinach was wilting, I beat three eggs and then dumped that in. While the eggs were cooking I sliced an avocado. When the eggs/spinach/shrimp were done I dumped it all on a plate and put the avocado on top and then ate the whole thing!

That's a lot of food but I haven't even thought about eating since then and it's 5pm. Whatever I eat for dinner won't be that much because I'm still pretty full after that breakfast. That's how I eat now. When I'm hungry, I eat something awesome until I'm full and then I don't eat again until I'm hungry. Sometimes I eat once a day, sometimes 3 or 4 times.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast