Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suggestions for Breakfast. Is 6 eggs per week too much? page 3

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Wow. Never imagined eating 6 eggs in a sitting. My daily routine looks like this:

Breakfast:
    5AM: 1 hard boiled egg, handfull of raspberries and blueberries with coconut milk.
    6AM: 12 km run to work

Lunch: Small mixed salad with 1 chicken breast

Dinner: Meat or fish with plate of mixed vegetables.

I don't snack and can easily miss a meal (lunch), if I'm busy at work. I may have a few nuts or olives as a snack.

/louisa

Never really thought about meat for breakfast. I usually have an egg. Given that I'm ramping up on the physical fitness, it sounds like I'll need to ramp up on the food. I usually don't eat pig (sausage/bacon).....but could tolerate fish in the morning. I just bought a ton of easy to prepare fish (not farmed). Thanks for the tips. Cheers/louisa

Thanks for the reply. I've been an ultra athlete for years and years, and I rarely experience boredom in repetitive food experiences. I've eaten tuna and eggs for decades as they are pure food sources and never tire of the 'same old, same old'. I'm fortunate in that I have a great capacity to withstand boredom and repetitiveness....guess that's what makes me a good ultra athlete. Thanks for your time and thoughts/ Louisa

Thanks, Owly. Appreciate your feedback.

I've never been a big fan of Pig. The whole bacon and sausage thing for me is a bit of a turn off. Thanks for your thoughts/input. Cheers/louisa

Thanks, MagicMeri: Appreciate your input.
    /louisa

Good to know, DGreenwood. The lessons that I'm learning here are that everyone's different and there are a variety of ways to feed the body, based on individualsim and listening to your body. Cheers/Louisa

SB Hikes: Thanks for the warm welcome. My mother chose my name -- it's Italian versus generic. I'm not on this site to seek diet advice. I've been a highly competitive ultra athlete for most of my life and I know how to fuel my body through a 100 mile run, in the absence of sugar. I've never exceeded >16% body fat. Funny what you 'got' from my generic post. If there's anything I've learned in life is that those who draw quick conclusions about others, generally end up looking like an ass. Cheers.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I make "sausage" out of venison, using a sausage spice blend that we made ourselves (easy to find recipes). we have bacon; I usually eat it once a week or less. DH and DS are more likely to eat it.

I figure you're under eating, but whatever makes you happy.

I usually have a long fast (from about 9 pm to 11 am), and then have two-three hard boiled eggs and tea, and then might have 'lunch' (if i'm not having just two meals that day, which is common for me), at around 4, and then dinner around 8. Lunch is typically a meat patty and veg (usually about 4 oz), and then dinner is typically another 4-6 oz meat and veggies. I have 1-2 servings of fruit per day. Most says it's just brekkie at 11/12 and then dinner at 8.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123