Thread: I've fallen, and I can't get up! page

Evbois is offline Junior Member

I've fallen, and I can't get up!

Argh, after 3 weeks PB, I ate 2 huge baguettes for lunch today. They didn't even taste good but I kept eating. What do you do if you fall off the wagon? Just move on and start fresh? I have a tendency not to do well sustaining new diets and usually when I fall off the wagon, that's it for me and it's nearly impossible to get back on. Any tips? Much appreciated.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    You shouldn't see paleo as a diet, it's a choose you make to be healthier on the long run, YOU choose what YOU put inside of your body, not only for weight loss but for overall quality of life.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    What he said. Don't think of it as a diet. You've chosen a new way of life. If you choose to go back to your old ways for a day, do it, then forget it and move on. No big deal. This isn't a short-term thing, and two hunks of bread shouldn't totally derail your goals.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    You shouldn't see paleo as a diet, it's a choose you make to be healthier on the long run, YOU choose what YOU put inside of your body, not only for weight loss but for overall quality of life.
    This

So you ate some crap you ate before going primal/paloe, you ate that shit before and it didn't kill you, it didn't taste nice, so don't do it again.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Evbois is offline Junior Member
    Thank you both. Good points to consider. And yeah, I was/am/need to change viewing PB as a "diet"... perhaps that why I'm so down on myself. (and I think how incredibly sick to my stomach I feel right now might help. Blech)

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Haha and I feel you for the baguette temptation. Hell, I'm a frenchman, hard not to eat baguette or croissant
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Pamsc is offline Senior Member
    Think of it as a really useful experiment. Hopefully the temptation will not be as great the next time, because it didn't taste that good and because your stomach was uncomfortable afterwards. Have a very special primal treat today, whether a fancy steak or a chocolate mousse. You want to reinforce the feeling that you aren't missing anything you really care about when you eat primally.

rhiarti is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Evbois View Post
    They didn't even taste good
    See, to me that's the part you want to be fixating on - not the fact that you ate them! In the first few weeks, I had a couple of totally non-primal "treats" that, for whatever reason, I just kept eating even though they didn't taste so good and/or made me feel like crap. That passes, and actually taking time to notice (almost like an interested bystander) you didn't even enjoy them was part of the process for me. I'm slowly re-learning what I think of as a treat. Without any virtue or willpower on my part, one by one, the old carby treats have become totally unappealing to me! Relax, don't be so hard on yourself, give your body time to adjust... maybe start drawing up a list of totally primal things you absolutely love to eat: human brains are happier when they're focusing on positive things!
    Went primal for the weight loss, stayed for the quality of life!

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Since this isn't a diet, there's no need to deprive yourself. Just focus on eating primal foods that you really like, prepared in ways that are tasty and satisfying. If you love the foods you eat, you'll have less inclination to eat other foods.

Today I've had coffee with cream, a big ass salad topped with natural deli chicken, avocado and tomatoes, with a homemade olive oil and balsamic dressing. Then I had a coconut milk, banana and blueberry smoothie (which if I had the gift of delayed gratification, I would have frozen and eaten as ice cream instead). I am STUFFED and completely satisfied. I won't have an urge to eat anything else, let alone bread, until I'm hungry for dinner later. And when I think of "fun" things to eat, I look forward to another smoothie, not junk.

ps. read my sig line.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes