Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I just want a stinking donut!! page

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member

I just want a stinking donut!!

Primal Fuel
    I want a donut...or a cupcake...or a whole chocolate cake!!!!!!! NOW!!!!

I hear lots of yall say, well, then eat one and count it in the 20%. But what do those of you do who cannot eat that 20%? I have a severe gluten intolerance, and all grains, even the gf kind, make me sick as a dog. And then there is a fruit issue... I was eating frozen bananas for a desert, and that may or may not be causing trouble digestively. And on and on... So what do you do when you want to rob a krispy kreme truck, but can't? When you want to drop back into SAD for a day, but you know you will get physically ill... Exercise? Shopping? Punch someone?
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry I cannot symphatize with the Donut thing. I don't even crave it but I do admit Donuts are yummy. If you have gluten intolerance why would you put yourself at risk by consuming such things? you can try making your own paleo friendly donut. I'm sure there must be a recipe out there you can do.

Buffdv is offline Senior Member
    I ate bacon, drank coffee with cream and sucked on dark chocolate. Lots of bacon every day for months. After a few months I didn't want a donut and I still eat bacon, just quite a bit less. Mostly I eat less bacon now because it is kind of a pain to cook and I'm not so interested in it anymore.

otzi Guest
    I really like the taste of rat poison, but I think I'll pass.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    go on a mad punching spree
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    Find something within what you can safely eat that you really love, and then enjoy the hell out of it. For me it's frozen strawberries drowned in heavy cream. I eat that almost every night, and it's satisfying enough to keep me from sneaking away for some Haagen-Dasz. I find that the more fat it has, the better it works. Can you eat dark chocolate? Does it help?

Or you can make some gluten-free pastries for your 20% if the above doesn't work. Or you can stick it out and hope the cravings go away (have you tried VLC for a few days + chromium picolinate to get rid of sugar cravings?).

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    go on a mad punching spree
    That's what I was thinking too...punching would do it for me....well not entirely, but at least it would feel good for a minute.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    I ate an old fashioned glazed donut yesterday.

First time in probably over a year.

Not only did I NOT get "donut coma" an hour later, but I felt
    perfectly fine right after, and the rest of the day.

It was very odd, because in the past, donuts were never good to me, but
    for some reason, I NEEDED THAT DONUT, so I freaking bought one and ate it.

Even heated it up in the microwave for a few seconds to make it extra delectable.

I didn't implode, and was back to my 100% compliance for the rest of the day.

Julie

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    abs, i'm trying to get her to go on a punching spree, stop being sensible!
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    if gluten makes you sick, i think it should be a no-brainer to NOT eat it. especially donuts -- crap flour, fried in crap oil. yuk.

eat something else or just go DO something to get your mind off the food.

As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast