Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 84

Thread: I just want a stinking donut!! page 7

  1. #61
    Phresh's Avatar
    Phresh is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    47
    Primal Fuel
    Have your donut -

    Cinnamon Roll Almond Flour Donuts* - Roost - Roost: A Simple Life

    Idk if others have posted recipes, but you get pretty pictures and it's a completely primal donut recipe that looks absolutely awesome.

  2. #62
    GeorgiaPeach's Avatar
    GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by Phresh View Post
    Have your donut -

    Cinnamon Roll Almond Flour Donuts* - Roost - Roost: A Simple Life

    Idk if others have posted recipes, but you get pretty pictures and it's a completely primal donut recipe that looks absolutely awesome.

    Those look so yummy, but I can't eat almond flour or eggs. That's why I've had such a struggle finding a substitute. I think I'll explore my bacon options.
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

  3. #63
    Leida's Avatar
    Leida is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,800
    Can you eat squash? You can deep fry spaghetti squash strings with sugar and cinnamon, drain them, and they will be crisp and yum. If you want it soft, I would bake a sweet potato in a slow oven and then make it into an airy souffle with egg whites, nutmeg and cinnamon.
    Last edited by Leida; 07-06-2012 at 05:44 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

  4. #64
    Lawyerchick12's Avatar
    Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Can you eat squash? You can deep fry spaghetti squash strings with sugar and cinnamon, drain them, and they will be crisp and yum. If you want it soft, I would bake a sweet potato in a slow oven and then make it into an airy souffle with egg whites, nutmeg and cinnamon.
    That sounds good too!

  5. #65
    Lawyerchick12's Avatar
    Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo pika View Post
    Three words.

    Chocolate covered bacon.
    whaaaaattt? ummmmmmmmm really????

  6. #66
    Leida's Avatar
    Leida is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,800
    Chocolate salo (type of bacon) is a big time treat in Ukraine. It is not much different than combining chocolate with meats in savory applications (mole) or chcolate with various fats, like eggs (for custards), cream, nut and legume butters....

    And thank you ladies for saying my experience is useful. I just not a fan of the 'yeah, I did paleo, but found whole foods work better' sortta posts, and the 'I am paleo, but I eat legumes, dairy and drink a diet soda once in a while....' just doesn't sound legit. Lol.
    Last edited by Leida; 07-06-2012 at 08:10 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

  7. #67
    dragonjax's Avatar
    dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,315
    You said you can't eat eggs. Are you allergic? Because if not, this recipe is truly delicious, and it uses only one egg:

    Paleo Mug Cakes

    I added shredded coconut to it. And while it's not SAD cake, it's damn yummy.

  8. #68
    fiercehunter's Avatar
    fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    the world
    Posts
    1,940
    You will eventually lose the cravings.

  9. #69
    GeorgiaPeach's Avatar
    GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    You said you can't eat eggs. Are you allergic? Because if not, this recipe is truly delicious, and it uses only one egg:

    Paleo Mug Cakes

    I added shredded coconut to it. And while it's not SAD cake, it's damn yummy.
    Yes, I am allergic to them.

    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    You will eventually lose the cravings.

    When? It's been 4 months, and someone else said they'd go away after about a month... Not happening yet.
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

  10. #70
    JudyCr's Avatar
    JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,111
    Wow, 4 months??? I went 100 percent at first and all cravings were gone in a week, but I eat dirty feet chicken eggs daily. It would suck to be allergic. Hope u find something soon to hit the spot.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •