Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: I just want a stinking donut!! page 6

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by stumprrp View Post
    Do you workout at all? If you do just eat the donut PWO. You wont store it anyways!
    It's not the sugar/carbs I can't have. I'm severely gluten intolerant, so I can't have it ever. that's the torturous part... Can't eat one and be over with it already.
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Comma View Post
    Chicki, if gluten makes you sick, get yourself a decadent flourless chocolate cake or some cocoa-dusted merengues. Only sugar to deal with. Also get yourself 'The Food Allergy Mama's Baking Book' or similar. No problem.
    What alternative flours and ingredients does she use? I can't eat eggs, tapioca, or almond flour... All major gf recipe ingredients.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Meh, I'm against the "alternative" flour route. Gotta just get a handle on your addictions and I dont think methadone is the trick . Gotta go cold turkey. Low carb/high fat it into submission.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Meh, I'm against the "alternative" flour route. Gotta just get a handle on your addictions and I dont think methadone is the trick . Gotta go cold turkey. Low carb/high fat it into submission.
    Funny you mention low carb... Seems that my cravings are fine if I'm in ketosis. It isn't until I eat pumpkin, carrots, and squash that I want dessert. But I don't want to be in ketosis always. Where's the balance?

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Dude, donuts are gooooooooood. I would just have one.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    Funny you mention low carb... Seems that my cravings are fine if I'm in ketosis. It isn't until I eat pumpkin, carrots, and squash that I want dessert. But I don't want to be in ketosis always. Where's the balance?
    What wrong with ketosis? I highly recommend the book "The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living" by Phinney and Volek.

Tercio is offline Senior Member
    HTFU or get a stick and hit yourself with it until you can't think of anything else.

Tercio

paleo pika is offline Member
    Three words.

Chocolate covered bacon.

mykidsteacher is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    What alternative flours and ingredients does she use? I can't eat eggs, tapioca, or almond flour... All major gf recipe ingredients.
    Well shoot. I was all ready to jump in here with a couple of blogs that have been great for me (don't do grains, can't have eggs or dairy), and then I saw you can't do almond or tapioca flours.

What flours CAN you have?

I'll give you the blogs anyway, then you can see if there are substitutions you can make. One is Chocolate Covered Katie, the other is The Spunky Coconut. I've made delicious things from both, and have many more on my list.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    What wrong with ketosis? I highly recommend the book "The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living" by Phinney and Volek.
    I can't remember which one, I just remember MDA article on ketosis and not advising it for long term. But I can't recall why either...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast