Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I just want a stinking donut!! page 4

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I just found out I have a gluten/wheat problem too. Ate some cake yesterday and afterward had a splitting headache and trouble breathing. Shit sucks!

How about cheesecake with a chopped nut crust? Or make a carrot cake with banana flour? (That's what I'm going to do, because I don't want to live a life with no carrot cake in it.) Maybe you could make maple glaze and dip bacon or bananas in it? Then put sprinkles on top for the full doughnut experience.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

MrsC is offline Member
    Drink an entire bottle of your favorite wine! It will satisfy your sweet tooth and you won't be sad about all the foods you can't eat!!

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    I just found out I have a gluten/wheat problem too. Ate some cake yesterday and afterward had a splitting headache and trouble breathing. Shit sucks!

How about cheesecake with a chopped nut crust? Or make a carrot cake with banana flour? (That's what I'm going to do, because I don't want to live a life with no carrot cake in it.) Maybe you could make maple glaze and dip bacon or bananas in it? Then put sprinkles on top for the full doughnut experience.
    GASP!!! Maple glaze!?! On bacon!!! That sounds aaaamazing! I gotta go find a recipe because that's the best idea I've heard all year!
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    Just don't do both at the same time.
    lmao!! nice

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    And on and on... So what do you do when you want to rob a krispy kreme truck, but can't? When you want to drop back into SAD for a day, but you know you will get physically ill... Exercise? Shopping? Punch someone?

I either suffer through the complete distraction of the craving and suffer mentally but not physically. Or I just eat the damn donut and accept the distress in my gut and puffy ankles. Short term physical discomfort, but I can stop thinking about the damn donut and get on with my day. Either way, I weigh the pros and cons and accept my consequences. No need to punch anyone.

The bigger issue is stopping at just ONE donut. Usually if there are donuts (or worse a box of Timbits) around, there are other crap foods on the buffet.

I prefer cream puffs. They're mostly butter and eggs and air, and filled with whipping cream. Much more satisfying that a damn donut.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    No need to punch anyone.
    but that was the fun part! That and the maple glazed bacon...
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    You'll roll your eyes at this, but I swear it works. Go in your favorite bakery or even the bakery section of the grocery store in the early morning, 8am, and just stand there and inhale that aroma. Close your eyes, imagine eating the luscious bread, cinnamon buns, bear claw, etc. You'll catch yourself smiling and it's enough to just smell it.

For yrs, on various diets, I would get in the worst mood when I'd smell those delish things being baked, knowing I couldn't have any, and just get pissed feeling so deprived, or I'd buy a load of it, get even more upset at myself for giving in. But, ever since going primal, I actually get happy standing there taking in the aromatherapy, it smells so wonderful but I don't have the desire anymore, I know I wouldn't stop at one donut, lots of them would make me sick, so just the smell of them is enough for me. I know it's weird and it's hard to explain but it's very real.

patski is offline Senior Member
    I so wanted to chow down on a Krispy Kreme donut the other day at work. I knew it would be disastrous if I did.

I didn't do it.

I have more will power than you.

*GLARES*

(but I *have* eaten a shit ton of ice cream over the last few days. Ice cream is my Kryptonite!)

Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    I ate an old fashioned glazed donut yesterday.

First time in probably over a year.

Not only did I NOT get "donut coma" an hour later, but I felt
    perfectly fine right after, and the rest of the day.

It was very odd, because in the past, donuts were never good to me, but
    for some reason, I NEEDED THAT DONUT, so I freaking bought one and ate it.

Even heated it up in the microwave for a few seconds to make it extra delectable.

I didn't implode, and was back to my 100% compliance for the rest of the day.

Julie
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

wolfman is offline Senior Member
    you get tough and stop being a little girl/boy

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    I so wanted to chow down on a Krispy Kreme donut the other day at work. I knew it would be disastrous if I did.

I didn't do it.

I have more will power than you.

*GLARES*

(but I *have* eaten a shit ton of ice cream over the last few days. Ice cream is my Kryptonite!)
    and everyone in the background says 'oooooooooooooh'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast