Thread: Difference between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol? page

Theresa92 is offline Senior Member

Difference between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol?

Primal Fuel
    I'm sort of still new to Primal(less than 3 months), so please forgive me for this question as it might sound sort of stupid. I'm in the process of ordering some books that were suggested to me by people on this forum. I'm interested in learning more about the actual science behind Primal. Mostly, I am interested in the science aspect because I want to be able to defend my way of eating to those who rudely comment on it.

Anyway, tonight my family was discussing how cake recipes have changed over the years. Pretty much, the discussion ended in my brother(fully knowing I am Primal and how I eat) stating that eggs and butter are bad for you because of the cholesterol. I know I shouldn't be getting frustrated.. But he has absolutely no right to talk because he eats like CRAP(fast food, premade meals, etc.) I thought you actually had to be attempting to eat healthy in order to be allowed to talk about it?? Okay. Rant over...

Can anybody either explain or point me to a source that easily explains the difference between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol? I want to be assured that the cholesterol in my "eggs and butter" will NOT raise my cholesterol in an unhealthy way. I tried to defend the Primal WOE by saying "If you believe in eating Primal, then you don't believe that eggs and butter are bad". He walked away saying "Well I believe in science". I guess you can't argue with someone who believes their CW huh? Even if they don't follow it.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway