Thread: Sundays page

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member

Sundays

Primal Fuel
    I consider myself an 80%er, however; I am more like a 99%er. I have no problems eating primal all the time but, I am also realistic in the fact that if I go on vacation (like Las Vegas) I am going to get drunk and eat nachos. I dont want my body to be like "wtf is this grain junk?" and giving me the shits or something because I've been so long with out it. I am considering introducing my body to grains on a weekly basis every sunday supper, just so my body continues to recogznise it. So my questions:

1.Has anyone else done this? Does it set you back a lot?

2. What would be good options? I was thinking something like rice/noodles and potatos would be the "healthiest" grain option.

thx all

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    1. I don't think it's necessary to do it, but sometimes in social situations I'll eat whatever is available. I don't find that it "sets me back" too badly. Just some gas and bloating the next day or two. If I do it too many days in a row my acne comes back.

2. White rice is pretty benign and is acceptable in small amounts on primal. Potatoes are not a grain, and are fine to eat if you peel them and can handle the carbs. If you're talking about gluten grains, I personally don't think they're a good idea on a weekly basis. Maybe every few months or so at the most. But that's just my opinion.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofturtles View Post
    I am also realistic in the fact that if I go on vacation (like Las Vegas) I am going to get drunk and eat nachos. I dont want my body to be like "wtf is this grain junk?" and giving me the shits or something because I've been so long with out it. I am considering introducing my body to grains on a weekly basis every sunday supper, just so my body continues to recogznise it.
    1. dont get drunk and eat nachos. Shits avoided.

2. consider introducing more beer to your system on a daily basis, just so your body continues to recogznise it. Higher beer tolerance, fewer nacho binges. Can't say it will help with the juicy beer farts though....

3. what if your body is used to Sunday grains, and you get shitfaced on a Tuesday? Will it still recogznise it???

4. You know beer is made from grains, right?
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    Ya, I realize that. But I like beer and I am going to drink it. I am ok with it.

MarjorieHui is offline Junior Member
    I personally don't think they're a good idea on a weekly basis.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I found I only reacted badly to crappy food for the first 6-12 months of eating primal. I'm not sure if it is because the gut finally heals or if the immune response dies down, but now I can go a very long time without eating crap, then eat it and feel fine. No need for a weekly binge, once a month or so of a little bit should be fine to test that you are able to eat it all.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    potatoes aren't a grain. i do just fine eating them every once in a while. i have rice with sushi once a month or so, but i was never a rice-eater really.

something like nachos? worse even than the grain is the gross industrial oil in/on them. in a former life, i could chow an entire bag of tortilla chips. i never even think about having them anymore. when i see them on a table in some bar it looks and smells utterly gross, lol.

i don't know how long you've been at this, but your tastebuds change.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway