Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Potato Success page 3

JBailey is offline Senior Member
    Alert! Alert!

Had a lukewarm leftover boiled potato with a couple of spare ribs for my afternoon snack today. Usually I have meat or almonds. About 10 minutes after finishing, I get a dizzy rush feeling and a bit of a warm flush. Not terrible, but odd. I eat pretty light during the day (after my breakfast smoothie) and have been kinda hungry, so I'm thinking blood sugar reaction.

I think I will save my potato reintroduction experiments for dinner, when I can fall into bed and enjoy the warm dizzies as I fall sound asleep.
    Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    And they TASTE so good - jersey royals in butter with steamed asparagus is a meal I adore!
    +1. So yummy and so in season in the UK right now.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I eat some white potato, sweet potato, or plantain once or twice a week. Occasionally some rice once a week as well. I don't overly schedule or try to have it certain days or anything and the preparation varies braised, roasted, baked, but never boiled... except for the plantains which are always brushed with coconut oil and oven 'fried'.

I try to keep to the plantains about once every other week because I WILL over eat them given the opportunity... they are pretty much the best thing ever in my book and count as part of dinner and DESSERT!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have potatoes 4-5 nights/week. I have to keep my carb level up most days or I get depressed. Potatoes are the cheapest higher carb food that is Primal for us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123