Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Hampshire, England! page

Gary Conway is offline Senior Member

Talking Hello from Hampshire, England!

Shop Now
    Hi guys,

I'm a big fan of Mark's Primal Blueprint book although I haven't really ventured on the forum yet. I've been primal/ paleo for about 3 years. I used to be a big pasta lover but really liked the idea of eating what our bodies were originally designed for. I've lost some body fat and feel healthier than ever.

My goals over the next year are to tighten up my diet some more and get more active. I workout fairly regularly but recently came to the conclusion I'm not going to waste my life and body behind a desk. I'd much rather be outdoors in the British summer (rain?). Glad to see there's a few fellow Brits on the site, looking forward to getting to know you all.

Gary

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Hello! I'm American but I lived in Weybridge, Surrey for 7 years as a child. I sure miss England.

So how will you escape a life behind a desk?

Hi Kerry. I don't live too far from Weybridge. I think they have the road cycling for the Olympics going through there in a few weeks. I've recently cut down hours at work and arranged to work from home. Less time on the train to London and more time for exercise!

Heragain is offline Junior Member
    Hi Gary. I too am from Hampshire (New Forest). Have been dabbling with PB for 6 months.
    Jane

Hi Jane. I'm from Fleet (towards Reading). Can you recommend any good spots in New Forest for a walk/bike ride? I have been to the area once or twice but never know where to stop off.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Hi and welcome.

I can recommend Linford Bottom, which is a great location for blackberry picking in the Autumn. Fond childhood memories.

Linford Bottom - A Short Walk - Strolling Guides
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Boneidle24seven is offline Senior Member
    Hi Gary,

I'm from Hampshire too, currently living in the Waterside area, right on the edge of the New Forest. it's a great place for all things primal. I too don't want to waste any more time behind a desk or being a slave to the machine. Welcome aboard!
    http://www.richardlongart.co.uk/

http://www.primalish.net/

“You have to know the past to understand the present.”
    ― Carl Sagan

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryK View Post
    Hello! I'm American but I lived in Weybridge, Surrey for 7 years as a child. I sure miss England.

So how will you escape a life behind a desk?
    I live in Addlestone! What a small world!

rhiarti is offline Member
    Hello from neighbouring Surrey! Fantastic you managed to cut your office hours down - certainly made a difference to my health, happiness, and productivity being liberated from the office desk. What a fabulous bonus to head into the New Forest, too... heaven!
    Went primal for the weight loss, stayed for the quality of life!

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    How fabulous you can work from home Gary!

'Lo everyone else! Chronyx! Addlestone! a coupla miles away! We lived in Hamm Court on the Thames in a lovely bungalow. We're kicking ourselves thinking how much that house is worth now!

I am only consoled knowing that marmite is in most stores here in Westchester. Not sure how to eat it now that I no longer eat bread!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast