Thread: Three weeks and loving it page

geomur is offline Junior Member

Three weeks and loving it

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone, my name is Geovanni, from Miami , Florida. I have lost 11 pounds in 21 days of primal nutrition and exercise. Started at 205 lbs on June 11th and I'm down to 194 lbs by July 1st.

I'm 5' 7", and have been overweight all my life. My weight for the last 30 years has fluctuated between 185 and 195 with peaks along the way of 205, 210 and even 215 lbs a couple of times during this time. I'm 55 by the way.

According to weight tables my ideal weight should be between 145 and 155, so that's what I'm aiming as a goal, the same goal that has been so elusive for all this time. Throughout the years i had no problem losing those 5, 10 or 15 pounds over my average weight, but never more than that and never in just 21 days like this time. Usually by practically starving myself and jogging for long periods of time everyday.

But, for the last 4 or 5 years it seems i have been struggling more and more in order to lose weight and in searching for answers i came to MDA about 4 weeks ago. I started reading article after article and couldn't have enough. Success stories, recipes, and almost all of Mark's writings, which by the way are so informational that there was no other choice for me but try the program all the way.

This is a rundown of what i have done so far to achieve the 11lbs loss. I started walking early in the morning for 45 minutes and on the second week i mixed walking with light jogging. I now walk fast for 2 minutes and jog for another two until i have completed no more than 45 minutes for the day. Today on my 22 day I introduced weight lifting for about 10 minutes. Just arm exercises and I will do back exercises tomorrow and the following days chest, shoulders , legs and core (abs).

As far as nutrition in concern i went all in primal from the very first day, except last saturday when i had one small scoop of rum raisin ice cream. i started with a big breakfast the first day with bacon , sausage and 2 eggs but after three days i had to decrease the amount , i was just not hungry anymore in the mornings and sometimes i have breakfast at noon with only a cup of coffee at around 8:00 am. I guess that's IF without really thinking about it.

By the way I have also done sprinting in the form of Tabata sprints, those leave me exhausted but satisfied of doing the program the right way.

I really hope that my little story and success helps someone still on the sideline, go on, take the plunge, is worth it. I have pictures i took before i started and will be posting them with after pictures at 6 weeks.

Hope you guys have a great day and week.

PrimalClay is offline Senior Member
    Keep up the good work! Your doing awesome, main thing is to stick with it. When you do have a bad carb day (which you will every now and then) the trick is to get right back on track with the next meal.
    Weight loss and body changes come very quickly at first, you just have to remember that even when you hit that goal weight your body may still be healing and repairing from years of poor food and lack of exercise (bodily abuse). In a few months you will feel like a totally new person if you don't already. I look forward to the before and after pictures!
    Went Primal January 24, 2011
    Lost 105 pounds in 5 months
    Currently 130 fat pounds down which is 120 pounds on the scale while putting on 10 pounds of muscle
    According to my kids I am looking more and more like the Hulk every day

Thanks for the comment, you are a great inspiration. I've already noticed a few changes in my body in these short 3 weeks, besides the loss of 11 pounds. I am more active during the day and don't procrastinate about getting things done. I never got any "carbo flu" and i doubt i will get it after three weeks. I will post my first set of before and after pictures at six weeks but i will be reporting any changes in weight on a weekly basis.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    That is so great. Congrats on sticking with this very fine program.
    I have lost 32 lbs since April when I first discovered Mark's book.
    IT STARTS WITH FOOD also a great book to have and hold dear.

I know exactly what you mean when you say you are loving the way you feel.
    It's almost like a high we're on except it lasts 24/7.
    You'll sleep better, be happier and in your best mood ever to everyone around you.
    Remember to drink lots of filtered water.

Welcome to a really great forum; you'll learn loads of info here and the people are very nice.

Thanks JudyCr and congrats as well on your weight loss. Can't really wait for three months to go by in my case and see and feel great results. I read Marks free e=book on fitness yesterday and oh boy, so much great information I'm starting his 4 primal movements exercises next Monday. I drink real lemonade i make at home, just lemons , no sugar. I will be shopping for meats tomorrow and hopefully some organ meat as well. Hope everyone has a great 4th of July.