Page 87 of 350 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc) page 87

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    So I was in my office at 6am. Got quite a bit done. No eggs for breakfast, did stop for a vanilla latte. Worked on various things and stats conference call until lunch. Some cheese and roast beast cubes and red bell peppers. Lots of water. Good meeting, phone interview, then finished up some homework. Back to the hotel. Snacked on fried (maybe 10) green beans . Met sons and SOs for dinner. We will know Wednesday if SO passed NCLEX. I think he did. I had 3-4 bites meat only chili (DS4 took the rest home) and 4-5 bites salad with blue cheese and a glass of wine. Another glass when got back to my room. Getting ready to call it a day. Lots to do tomorrow.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    {{{{{{Continuing to be dazzled by your schedule}}}}}}}}}}}}
    Me too. And am totally impressed with you traveling so regularly and cooking stuff to take with you, or cooking in your hotel room. You're far more organized than I.

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    {{{{{{{{{{{Good thoughts for SO}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
    this too. I'm surprised the results come back so quickly. When I wrote the Cdn RN licensing exams a million years ago (well, I suppose more like 24), we had to wait usually about 2 months, sometimes more to get results. In between graduating from the RN program and receiving the results, you could work as a Graduate Nurse with a limited scope. 2 days is very impressive.

Back in the dark ages I wrote the test with everyone else in the state over 2 days. It took 6 months to get the results. And we had to work as graduate nurses because of the length of time (factor in 6-8 weeks to sit for exam plus wait time for results). It's all computerized now and you don't have to wait for others to test. From the amount of questions he got (is algorhythmic with a minimum of 75 and a max of 270? Starts with easy question, you get it right, harder question, so if it cuts off at 75 you eith bombed spectacularly or you got 75 progressively harder questions right. He had under 100 questions, so I'm sure he passed).
    Female 53

Slept right at 8 hours last night hit over 5000 steps yesterday. Up, drinking coffee, news on, catching up. Lots of homework to do today, meeting for 2 hours this afternoon, and a dinner meeting with my 2 local graduate students. Before I go to work, I'm going by and picking up my old mammogram films and hopefully ultrasound films/results. Since my meeting isn't until this afternoon, I'm being a bit lazy getting started. Tomorrow I've got 15 interviews spanning 10 hours ( on the length, on the number of applicants - I'm steadily going up, which is good for a new program and no advertising).
    Female 53

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    That sounds a lot like the respiratory therapy licensing. I suppose all the profession have gone to the computerized algorhythms. Once difference is that we find out we passed immediately! Although it still takes forever to actually have the license issued for some reason. We get a printout with our picture on it saying we were successful. I have heard gruesome stories of the olden days when the test was a two-day oral ordeal. Glad I don't have to do that.

Sounds like you are well into another busy and productive day!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

phigment is offline Senior Member
    I am always amazed at your full schedule. I hope you have time to play a little or sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by phigment View Post
    I am always amazed at your full schedule. I hope you have time to play a little or sleep.
    Right now I have Friday blocked out!
    Female 53

Did well today. Some roast beast chunks, celery, cheese, and pepper strips for lunch. Dinner was prime rib with horseradish, potato (yeah, I know, but occasionally I think they are okay) with butter and sour cream, salad with blue cheese and two glasses of an excellent Malbec. Some cheese cake bites back at the hotel. Watching chopped and relaxing. Turned in a bunch of homework and worked on more stats. Put in another quiz and helped a faculty figure out a on-line platform issue. Met with my doctoral students and they are on track and a bit ahead of where I asked them to be. Tomorrow is interview day.
    Female 53

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with tomorrow's insane interview schedule!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Good luck with tomorrow's insane interview schedule!
    Thanks, at least I like the faculty who is stuck with me all day!
    Female 53