Page 85 of 277 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc) page 85

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Set out a GF beef roast or tomorrow. Don't know how I will cook it, but have avacado, purple potatoes, and Brussels sprouts to go with. Friday I'm doing a take on Nom Nom Paleos stuffed mushrooms (no meat on Fridays during lent). I'm stuffing portobello caps with a shrimp/veggie mix and a thin slice of provolone with broiled broccoli and cauliflower. I'm also going to make a salmon/veggie frittata for DH to eat for lunch Friday and freeze for next Friday. Saturday it's pork carnitas and avacado/tomato with balsamic vinegar.
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    I hope everything will be alright.
    No, I KNOW it will!!

Positive thoughts only <3
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Thanks everyone. Finally got to sleep, when DS made a lot of noise in kitchen waking me up. Have not been able to go back to sleep. DH just left for work, so may try in a bit. I don't have anything that I must do today other than spa that I had to cancel yesterday due to the longer than expected torture visit. Mom is doing well. Slowly feeling stronger. I'm gearing up to be gone for a week. It's packed as usual. Interviewing potential students Wednesday. I had to laugh (or cry) because the admin assistant has them every 20 minutes (usually takes30) back to back for 3 hours no break. So I know I will be running late (looks unprofessional and will be crossing my legs).

Slept another 2 1/2 hours. Feel more rested.

Nice MR roast beef, a bit of horseradish, Brussels, and 1/2 avocado with cherry tomato and balsamic vinegar all very tasty. More wine. Spa was relaxing. Doing great with macros. Hoping to sleep well tonight.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    I don't envy your interview schedule!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Nice MR roast beef, a bit of horseradish, Brussels, and 1/2 avocado with cherry tomato and balsamic vinegar all very tasty.
    Sounds tasty. I can never just eat a 1/2 avocado. I always eat the whole thing. Probably 'cause I haven't figured out how to keep the other half from going brown/bad. So rather than waste it, I eat it.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

DH had the other 1/2.

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I haven't figured out how to keep the other half from going brown/bad.
    We just throw the other 1/2 with pit intact into a baggie or sealed container into the fridge. The next day it is usually a little brown on top, but still good. Either just eat it as is, or the little bit of brown on top can be skimmed off with a knife/fork/spoon.

I've done the container, but I squeeze either lime or lemon on cut edges. Slept okay, woke up when DS went to work, snoozed, up with DH so he could take car back in, back to sleep for another 1 1/2 hours, now up because DH is home - driving a snazzy BMW convertible for our loaner. I plan on making some caveman crunch later today. Shrimp stuffed portobello mushroom caps with broiled broccoli and cauliflower for dinner. Hair appointment this afternoon to kill the whites. When DH gets back from running, will take the dogs for haircuts.

Broccoli and cauliflower were the highlight of dinner. Mushrooms were blah - okay, but needed something. Hair looks good. Tried on a skirt I've had (medium) and it fits. Tomorrow stats homework, pork carnitas, and pick out clothes to pack. Skirt is cherry red fine cordoroy and above the knee - have to figure out what to pair it with.