Page 79 of 277 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc) page 79

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Sounds like you are doing great with your class. And that meal - I'd lick the plate! I hope you mom is OK.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Sounds like you are doing great with your class. And that meal - I'd lick the plate! I hope you mom is OK.
    I can't wait to see what he comes up with tomorrow! It's a win-win. I get great food and he gets to go off menu and be creative. Mom is awake, groggy, no longer bleeding (3 units later), and eating jello. So better, thanks for asking.
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Never be afraid to lick plates! What a nice chef. He must enjoy cooking for you!

Sorry about your mom but glad she is okay.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Never be afraid to lick plates! What a nice chef. He must enjoy cooking for you!

Sorry about your mom but glad she is okay.
    Thanks!

Didn't sleep well. Got grades on the two presentations I thought went well (max points on both). The iffy one right after I found out about mom is still pending - but it is what it is and at least I was able to do it. Today is sit and listen for 8 hours. Tomorrow last presentation. Finish the week with 8 hours of stats. I'm having coffee. Don't feel like breakfast. I'm taking some protein powder that I will add to some coffee, I think. Leftover squash and sauce with raw veggies and some pineapple for lunch. Chef surprise for dinner. I've not been tracking - it's just too hard when I'm not cooking, so while I'm sure I'm eating primal, I know I'm not LCHF - close, but not as low as I am at home. I'm hoping to maintain my low weight and start dropping easily when I get home.

Mom is still in ICU. Another unit of blood. Not moving to a regular room until they figure out the bleeding issue. Tonight's dinner surprise was sirloin steak medium rare with mushrooms and Demi glaze, roasted potatoes (I know, but yummy), grilled yellow squash with spinach. Chef was off, but he left detailed instructions for the line cook. It was very good and enough that I have leftovers for lunch.

One more day! Chef came out and talked to me and my two friends who came to eat with me. One friend and I had warm German potato salad and the chicken with Dijon Demi glaze (my request). Other friend had trout with slaw (she said she wished she had got what we had). Chef made salad just for me. Tomorrow is Biostats 3, hope I can process. Mom is still in ICU - they can't locate bleeding.
    Last edited by Pedidoc; 02-08-2013 at 05:33 AM.

Slept better last night. Draggy this morning. Trying to get enthusiastic about last day. Snow coming in this afternoon. Will give myself extra time to get to the airport tomorrow. Send safe thoughts - I'm in an unfamiliar rental, no snow tires, and its been a while since I've driven on snow.

Mom is still in ICU - Afib started again, still trying to resolve bleeding. Finished face to face class today! dinner tonight chef surprise potato, mushroom, onion, spinach hash with sirloin and a spicy Mexican sauce. Very good, but potato could have been cooked longer and meat more MR then WD. Snow today, stopped now, hope it stays that way until I get to airport and take off!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I hope they figure out your Mom's bleeding problems soon.

Your meals sound awesome! I wouldn't want to leave.

Safe travels!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy