Page 5 of 418 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc) page 5

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Great to hear about the skin. Not too many conferences in Maine for me. Maybe someone else?
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Ah, okay, get the schedule now.

I'll have to see how things go. I might feel like taking a day off, after I'm done with all the traveling!

No problem, I'm up there 3 times a year! Is your DH primal? Mines not and it's a barrier.
    Female 53

Quote Originally Posted by William400 View Post
    I'm thinking you will sing better because you will have less phlem. Same principle with my asthma. 30 minutes of Wii, 3 minutes of hula hoop and some carnitas I made yesterday with strawberries for lunch.
    Great now they are recycling things I've said in their spam!
    Female 53

Spammers can be amusing, for a few seconds!

No, my hubby isn't primal; he's addicted to carbs, especially sweets. It's not that much of a problem for us, because he'll eat a primal breakfast with me (when I cook it!) and he'll eat primal dinner. The main time it gets hard for me is when he snacks after dinner... Popcorn, candy, ice cream... I have to really resist if we're watching TV together. It's gotten easier over time. More and more I'm finding that the smell of microwave popcorn is disgusting!

I'm thinking of buying an ice cream maker so I can make primal ice cream. (I do eat dairy.) Better for his health, and then I can have an occasional treat. Now I just need to research to find out the best kind of ice cream maker!

In the middle of reunion weekend with all of husbands high school cross country friends. So far so good with eating other than lots of wine - hmmm seeing a pattern here! today lots of grilled beef in different forms, some cheese, cole slaw, and a primal peach cobbler. Probably lots of wine again........
    Female 53

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Hey, Goldie! My favorite dessert to have when DH is eating the crap is frozen blueberries with heavy cream poured over them. OH< YUM!!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Welcome Honeybuns. I like berries with cream too. Reminds me of visiting my grandparents in Missouri. Fresh blackberries with cream skimmed off the top of the days milking for dessert and sometime breakfast.

I'm having a cup of coffee with almond milk in the predawn quiet before the hustle of everyone getting up and off to their various cities. They tracked down a long lost friend who called and talked to each of the guys yesterday and promises to make next reunion weekend. One skyped in from Germany for a visit. Funny how this group who met in elementary school and on the block as they moved in (5 military families) are all so different, but stayed bonded. One would go missing, but they would keep looking (easier with Internet now) until they found him. There is a core of 5 who were all in each others weddings and they seem to drive keeping the whole extended group in touch.

Smoked brisket, sausage, and ribs yesterday with cole slaw and a bite of potato salad for the main meal. Egg casserole with cheese and bacon with fresh fruit for breakfast. Snacked on queso (cheese, cooked crumpled hot sausage, salsa, green chili) with celery for dipping for me and a handfull of frito scoops. Lots of coffee. Some wine. All in all a good day of eating for me and the 10 friends. Lots of stories, laughter, tears (we lost one member to chronic illness this month), and music from the 70s & 80s. House will seem quiet when they are all gone!
    Female 53

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Hey, Goldie! My favorite dessert to have when DH is eating the crap is frozen blueberries with heavy cream poured over them. OH< YUM!!
    OOOooo yes! Any kind of frozen fruit with heavy cream! Thanks for reminding me!

Kathi, it sounds like you're having a great time!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Great time was had by all, but I'm happy to have a quiet house back again. I've got lots of homework to catch up on!
    Female 53

Page 5 of 418 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast