Page 40 of 363 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc) page 40

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I made the Brazilian cheese bread (Judg's recipe since it all goes in the blender and Siobhan warned me it was sticky). It is fantastic. I forgot how filling bread is! Two mini ones with my orange glazed pork chop and roasted Brussels and cauliflower and I'm full. DS loved them too. today I've had a phone meeting with student, 2 hour conference call, did laundry, paid bills, cooked dinner, and baked the bread. Got in several set of wall push ups too. Tomorrow is the clinic.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Woke up with swollen left foot. It had started hurting Friday, but like a good nurse I ignored it. So no clinic today, ice, elevation and a paper to write since I will be home. Slept fairly well until DH started having a nightmare. I got up to go to the bathroom, which woke him up and stopped the thrashing and noises. He had no idea what he was dreaming about. I've hobbled around feeding the dogs, getting a work area set up on the couch, getting coffee, and ice. Good thing I've got leftover chicken and pork chops for dinner. I'm sure DH will have rice. I've got leftover roasted cauliflower and Brussels sprouts and some baked sweet potato with butter. So here's to a productive paper writing day - who knows maybe I will get on a GP writing roll and knock out 2 papers!
    Female 53

Got the paper outlined, information read, and 1/4 written. Obviously, I'm not as disciplined as GP!
    Female 53

Okay I'm going to whine.......my foot HURTS. I'm going to take my pain med and go to bed..........
    Female 53

winencandy is offline Senior Member

I hope it's better tomorrow.
    If not, maybe you should see someone???
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Appointment tomorrow.
    Female 53

So obviously tonight is not a good sleep night! Gave up on reading, got up, answered some emails, caught up on blogs, and now the paper is calling my name..........

Paper 3/4 done. Outline for next one completed and paper formatted. Drank about 20 oz. of water and ate a banana - I was hungry! Now going to go back to sleep.
    Last edited by Pedidoc; 10-24-2012 at 03:41 AM.
    Female 53

So major news, DH was home last night and we started talking about PB eating. He was defending his grains- got to fill up. I told him that fat satiates and he was "fat is bad." I told him I've been eating PB and he wanted to know how much I'd lost. When I told him, he was surprised (sometimes men are clueless ). I asked how he liked the leftover chicken with mashed potatoes last week. He said they were good. I told him they were mashed cauliflower. So the long and the short is he will try (as long as I have plenty of mashed cauliflower in the fridge) and in exchange I will start working out with him. Obviously not today as I'm waiting to see MD about my foot. So we shall see............
    Female 53

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    (sometimes men are clueless
    OH SO TRUE! But I also have a "progress" story to share. Last night after having our wonderful hash (details in my journal) hubby was asking how we could do another dinner with the crockpot steak -- he suggested making mashed cauliflower and topping it with cubed steak and gravy made with juices from the crockpot! I will do that and make the gravy with almond flour A totally primal meal, and its mostly his idea! Gotta love it!

Oh - and while we were on vacation he was making meal choices based on NO breads! what a guy...........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Yea us for not nagging and just showing them the way. so I was correct in my self diagnosis. Planter fasciitis. Need to stay off of it, ice, stretching and hopefully it will get better. Not as painful today.
    Female 53