Page 4 of 413 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc) page 4

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Don't you feel special when the hackers find you? You know you are really part of the forum. Welcome home! I hope you get a little rest. Good on you for staying primal!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Siobhan. Yes, now I know I'm special, 1st spammer! I will be home tonight about 1900 CST. Have a list of things to do before DH high school friends come Friday. This workshop has been eye opening. I'm having to rethink my dissertation topic based on so what, why should someone care, and what can be done about it questions. I'm open to thoughts.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Kathi, did you see Mark's blog on ---> Biphasic Sleeping? I was reading about your sleep issues, and thought of this. You may be more Grokette-like than you thought!

We were stationed in San Antonio for 4 years, loved the area but not the humidity and weather!

Welcome Goldie. I had not seen that post. When I read it, you are so right. When I sleep for my second block, I wake up without the alarm. I love to visit San Antonio, always have, but need the air conditioning! I do my PhD out of Provo. Is that anywhere near where you are now?
    Female 53

Kathi, I live in northern Utah, about 80 miles north of Provo, out in the boonies on the Wasatch "back". The view out my living room is mountains, fields and cattle! When hubby retired from the AF, we made this our "final resting place" because it has so many great outdoor recreation possibilities.

If you every have any free time (hah! as if, with your schedule!) and you're in the SLC area, let me know, maybe we could meet up for a primal lunch!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Kathi, I live in northern Utah, about 80 miles north of Provo, out in the boonies on the Wasatch "back". The view out my living room is mountains, fields and cattle! When hubby retired from the AF, we made this our "final resting place" because it has so many great outdoor recreation possibilities.

If you every have any free time (hah! as if, with your schedule!) and you're in the SLC area, let me know, maybe we could meet up for a primal lunch!
    Beautiful area. I think the only time it has not snowed on me is in July! October 10 I don't have class in between 2 days on either side. If it works with your schedule, I'm open to lunch. Funny 2nd spammer and I seem to attract animal avatars!
    Female 53

At the moment, I have absolutely nothing planned on October 12th (Friday). Is that what you meant when you said "October 10 I don't have class in between 2 days on either side"? Between now and Oct. 5th, I'm going to be in and out of town working on a special project, so that timing sounds good to me!

We've had record heat so far this summer... in the high 90s at my house, when it's usually in the 80s. We live 15 minutes from Snowbasin ski resort, so at our higher elevations it's usually cooler. But they've had 100+ in SLC! Ugh! At least it's not humid!

Here's our view (picture taken in May before heat/drought):

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    You are really inspiring me, I'm stopping cow's milk today. I need to see if my skin clears up completely - I am having an occasional zit (yuck) and also I want to sing better. I have noticed a difference in my voice - I can hit high notes easily now - and I need to see if milk is the problem. I'm not worried about butter as I understand it is actually the proteins in cow's milk that can be a problem, but I can easily test this on myself. After reading Mark's post today, I realize I need to add coconut in some form daily and see the results also.
    How is the no dairy going? How's your skin?
    Female 53

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    At the moment, I have absolutely nothing planned on October 12th (Friday). Is that what you meant when you said "October 10 I don't have class in between 2 days on either side"? Between now and Oct. 5th, I'm going to be in and out of town working on a special project, so that timing sounds good to me!

We've had record heat so far this summer... in the high 90s at my house, when it's usually in the 80s. We live 15 minutes from Snowbasin ski resort, so at our higher elevations it's usually cooler. But they've had 100+ in SLC! Ugh! At least it's not humid!

Here's our view (picture taken in May before heat/drought):

So pretty! No I've got class Monday and Tuesday, off Wednesday, class Thursday and Friday.
    Female 53

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey, a primal meet-up, I want one too! Someone has to come to Maine.

I've been on goat milk for a week now and my skin is great. Despite the heat and humidity, no breakouts. WOOT!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Page 4 of 413 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast