Page 39 of 332 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc) page 39

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Slept great. No alarm this morning! coffee with coconut cream x 2. Leftover shredded chicken for dinner. DH didn't wash slow cooker (I cook and he does dishes rule), so pork chops will marinate until tomorrow. I plan on doing some baking tomorrow - the Brazilian cheese bread for sure, maybe flourless zucchini brownies, probably Paleo blueberry scones. Today I need to work on my continuing Ed modules so I can recertify my NP. Also need to send out agenda and minutes form for tomorrow's conference call. Would like to set out fall pumpkin decorations when DH goes to work. Until then lazy it is. Oh, Q stayed the same and I'm grateful since I had the carrot cake.

Forgot to mention grading 3 student projects today!

Grading done. Continuing Ed tests taken and passed.
    Last edited by Pedidoc; 10-21-2012 at 02:21 PM.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    One thing about that cheese bread recipe - in Step 2 it says to add the tapioca flour to the milk while it is still in the pan. I would suggest putting the hot milk into the mixing bowl at this point, and then adding the flour. There is no reason to have to scrape that sticky dough out of the pan, and then have two ultra-sticky things to wash. Because this dough is really sticky, no kidding.

I'm finding myself really tempted to make some more - just finished the last of it. But I don't want to make too much of a habit of it. I will be interested to hear how you like it.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Thanks Siobhan. The scones turned out good. In the future, I will make some that are savory so I can eat over-easy eggs!
    Female 53

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Phew...... I'm home and caught up........ lots happening in your world! Glad to hear the clinic days went semi smoothly. Will you send of that energy my way please?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Phew...... I'm home and caught up........ lots happening in your world! Glad to hear the clinic days went semi smoothly. Will you send of that energy my way please?
    Sending energy thoughts.......
    Female 53

Slept fair, up about 2 hours. Catching up on my classes, students, journals while having coffee with chilled coconut milk froth (the part that rises to the top when it separates from the water). I can tell there isn't as much fat in the milk as the cream, because when I put the cream in the frige it looks like lard when I open the can! It goes farther (about a week at 1-2 cups a day) then the milk. TJs is a hike from my house - may check on-line to see what I can find. Today I have a student call, conference call meeting, will slow cook the pork chops, plan on doing a spot of organizing, and that's about it. Tomorrow is the clinic again.
    Female 53

Thoughts on increasing my activity levels. I realized last week (since I was at the clinic 4 days) that I have a standing work station. When I'm there the only time I sit is to chart and I would estimate that is <1 hour. The rest of the time I'm standing or walking. The ledge I stand at is perfect for doing "wall" push-ups, so I've been trying to do some here and there and I've added squats too. At home, when I go past my sink, I'm doing the push-up, so now need to add squats or maybe lunges. If I make them a routine part of my normal activities then I will have increased my activity level in a relatively easy way. Just some ramblings.....
    Female 53

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I do that a lot at work, I think it really adds up. For instance in our dirty utility room I have to run the water for a really long time before it gets hot. Very wasteful, I agree, but I have to use hot water for washing. Not optional as I am sure you will agree. So I do push-ups, squats, etc. If they ever fix the plumbing I will have to find some other way to work in exercise!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Kathi, you might want to get a pedometer. You'll probably find that you move around more than you thought!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    If you find a good pedometer let me know the brand and model please. I had one that was given to me by BIL. It didn't work very well at all. What google maps tells me is a mile trek - the pedometer said was 3/4 of a mile. and I set it all to my personal stride and everything. So....... would love to get a good one! Need to research that............

Great idea on the ways to get in some exercise! you go girl!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140