Page 36 of 413 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc) page 36

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Judg View Post
    Yum, your eating sounds great! What is kahlua pig? Somehow it doesn't sound like there's a firepit or pineapple involved in your version.

I've got to start mashing cauliflower more often, at least while it's in season. Like now. Just bought a big one.
    It's from Nom Nom Paleo. I took pork loin, put 4-5 trips bacon in bottom of slow cooker, rubber 2T of red Hawaiian coarse salt on pork (can put garlic in folds of meat). Cook on low 16 hours, take meat out and shred, season with juices. It's yummy!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I am very impressed not only with your work and class schedule, traveling, and staying primal, you maintain your journal here, which really speaks to your ability to stick with things, prioritize, and just all-around get stuff done! You are truly an inspiration.
    Thanks Siobhan! I try......
    Female 53

Clinic was steady....only two wheezers - they are out there, just lurking under the radar, waiting for Saturday! . The students brought a homemade pasta dish and tiramisu for an office thank you. I had 2-3 noodles and the veggies and Italian sausage with my lunch. I did have a sliver of cake and it was tasty. Raining so drive home was murder. Watching DWTS - my guilty pleasure.
    Female 53

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'm going to have to try that pig thing. only I think I'll use the pork shoulder instead - its fattier and I like the taste of the meat better.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I use what I can get on sale!
    Female 53

Slept poorly last night. Probably because DS wasn't home. Son 3 is being a pain to sons 1&4 and DIL who he lives with. Found out this morning. Reshuffled my day so I could go have a facial and massage, as I'm feeling like I need some "away" time. Leftovers for dinner. Setting out a roast for tomorrow. Will season and cook in slow cooker with meat probe, so it doesn't over cook. My big project today is getting out my fall decorations and putting up the summer ones. That's about all I feel like tackling!

Bummer spa just called to tell me there was loud construction going on next door and I probably wanted to reschedule!
    Last edited by Pedidoc; 10-17-2012 at 10:51 AM.
    Female 53

Sounds like you're having a tough day............. sorry. Maybe a different spa? Someplace new is always refreshing and fun! Hope things are going better for you.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Sounds like you're having a tough day............. sorry. Maybe a different spa? Someplace new is always refreshing and fun! Hope things are going better for you.
    Thanks Tomi. I'm really picky about who I trust with a massage (stems from a bad happening in college), so will take a nap instead. Moved some easy tasks to today - booked January flights and will call and book February Provo trip with vouchers. I'm not going to beat myself up about needing today to regroup (like I would have in the past). I do feel sometimes that I've had more than my fair share of issues this year - I'm sharing with everyone else starting now!
    Female 53

Just heard from DS3 and he sat down and talked to DS1 & DIL. Turns out he was telling the truth because DS4 confessed. Enough drama for a soap! Feeling better after nap. I'm thinking it also didn't help that I did 8 rounds (2 shots each time) of immunotherapy yesterday! Live and learn.
    Female 53

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sheesh....... and here I thought only girls caused family drama!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation