Page 349 of 417 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359399 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,490 of 4162

Thread: Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc) page 349

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Maybe time for some blood tests? Could be low on iron, B vitamins or D ???

Something's amiss if you're constantly dragging.
    I eat red meat and have no routine blood loss, so shouldn't be low on iron. I take D daily, because I use sun screen and with humidity can not count on sunshine exposure. Started back on B today. Since I felt normal I've had a sinus infection and both ears infected requiring 14 days antibiotics and a round of steroids. Had a driving trip consisting of 4 hours there and back in 24 hours. Had another trip of 7 days involving a 2 hour flight going and coming that involved several meetings and completing office move out from a job I've had for 6 years. Crammed for and took the test from hell. Wrote and refined a 6 page research prospectus, put together 1 on-line class, have been working on 2 more classes - one I've never taught before, and continued all my usual meetings, cooking, chores, etc. On top of it my sleep is spotty. I'm waking up for several hours or getting only 5 hours. I'm a 8-9 hours to feel good person. Oh and I've started low carb on top of it. I've added back in some rice and potatoes to try and offset that being the cause. I think everything is just catching up with me and I need a vacation! Labor Day weekend DH and I are going up the way about an hour and spending Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night at our favorite staycation hotel. We've got tickets to two different concerts. So other then attending concerts, all we will do is rest, relax, and eat. Hopefully that will do the trick. If I'm still dragging, I will make an appointment.
    Last edited by Pedidoc; 08-17-2014 at 06:59 PM.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

tomi is offline Senior Member
    wow........ when you put it all together like it makes my heart race!!! I don't accomplish that much in a year! Okay - I never accomplish that much.

You deserve a 2 week vacation in Maui!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm going to have to settle for a 4 day staycation!
    Female 53

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    It's unreal what you can accomplish in a short amt of time.
    You're smart to schedule time off, massages, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    It's unreal what you can accomplish in a short amt of time.
    You're smart to schedule time off, massages, etc.
    Obviously, I didn't schedule enough down time as my body is telling me it needs to recharge.
    Female 53

Slept 5 3/4 hours, 2 1/2 hours sound, asleep in 11 minutes, woke up 6 times including being awake for 2 hours. Very restless sleep!

Today I've got to finish my presentation as the handouts are due today. Need to work on one of the classes that starts Monday. Supposed to go out with DH, DS plural, and friend for dinner, but I'm not feeling it. Hope to send just the dudes. Doing laundry. Early day tomorrow with my first faculty meeting at new place.
    Female 53

Yes -- you need some time out - time off - down time. Just rest.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Presentation handouts done and submitted early this morning. Nap taken. Syllabus, calendar, and rubrics posted for course I've not taught before. Just need to do a couple more things to be ready for first class day. Still have another shell to do, but I've taught this class before.

Sent all dudes off to have dinner with male friend from out of town. I think this is the first time I've been alone in the house since youngest moved here - it's lovely!!
    Female 53

Slept 5 1/2 hours (I miss my 8-9 hour nights!), 4 deep (hopefully that will make up for the short night), asleep in 11 minutes, awake x 1 for 4 minutes.

DH is at the gym - the man has discipline with workout, now if I can just keep him on track with eating. I'm catching up and waking up slowly sitting up in bed. The only thing missing is a cup of coffee. Need to work on retraining DH on that one! It's his birthday today. Youngest's GF arrives today, so the sons, GF, and my parents are all going to dinner to celebrate the birthday boy.

Off to office about 6ish to beat traffic. Work on organizing office and some assorted odds and ends for a bit. Faculty meeting at 0900-noonish. Followed by brief meeting with HR to get my benefits done. Then home to beat traffic. Work on filing research articles for an hour or so. Dinner and probably an early night.

Off to find coffee!!
    Female 53

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sounds like a full day! Take a few minutes to just relax. Is there a nice quiet place to walk to on Campus where you could just have some peaceful down time? Maybe stealing an hour or so a day will have to make due until your life allows for a nice long vacation once a year?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation