Page 22 of 355 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc) page 22

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ah, I remember the days. I don't miss it. But I'm sure this too shall pass, although probably not as quickly as you would hope. I hope you hear for the local job very soon.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tomi is offline Senior Member
    OH MY GOODNESS!!! How frustrating, painful and exhausting! I almost cried before I finished reading that! I hope you have a few days off for doing nothing but resting after that ordeal! You NEED to get that local position so you can end this madness!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Thank you Siobhan and Tomi. Friday ranked right up there with one of my most challenging travel days. Classes went okay Saturday. There were a ton of tail gaiters for the football game and we finished the afternoon class early because of noise. I had to call the campus police. I was also concerned about having my students driving after the game got out, since there was a lot of partying going on. Two of my students asked how much weight I had lost and I got several complements on my outfit (black dress pants, black, white,royal blue patterned shell, royal blue jacket).

Had dinner at the hotel. Something disagreed with me as not only am I up, but I've up chucked twice. I've decided I'm trying a different hotel in December. The waitress remembered me from before (water, Chardonnay, no bun on sandwich), so why can't the front staff? It's not like I'm a diva, but if someone has stayed with you 6 times in the last 5 months and each stay is 2-14 days, I think an effort should be made toward customer service. I turned in my tax exempt form and the bill they slipped under the door still has taxes on it - so one more thing they didn't get correct. It's just not been a good trip this time and I'm glad it was short.

Today, I'm meeting one of my students to discuss their capstone project at 9. I fly out at 1, so will find someplace for brunch before I go to the airport. I work Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday this week at the clinic so hope my flight is on time and I get home without any drama!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Finished up everything on campus. Checked out and came to airport. Wizzed thru bag check, small back up dropping off car, zipped thru security. Sitting in Restaraunt for lunch. Flight delayed 20 minutes at this point. Gorgeous day, no rain of course because it wouldn't matter if my stuff got wet since I'm going home. DH just got deployed to another UT school due to possible issue.
    Female 53

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I've been known to take off my shoes walk barefoot, or in stockings, in airports due to ill fitting shoes........ I'd rather get dirty feet than blisters!

Hope all went well with hubby's call out. Those darn college kids!

Yeah on the comments and compliments! I'm looking forward to hearing some of those! It makes it so much easier to stay on track when you get those positive reinforcements. Especially from people who have no investment in the compliment (think: hubby looking for brownie points).

Have a great Sunday - relax!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Just got my delivery of CSA meat. I know it won't last 4 weeks, but I'm thinking 2 with supplementation (fish for sure). Surprise, surprise there are ribs, pork loin, and chicken breast (okay, I hid these) still in the refrigerator, so the boys didn't eat it all. DH went to grocery store and stocked up on junk food. I've got salad makings, 1 sweet potato, leftover pumpkin, some blue cheese, hard boiled eggs, and the cooked meats to get thru until Friday. I've got a mini review Saturday morning and DH is coming with me - hotel Friday night TJ after review. Any suggestions as to what to buy at TJ? It will e a first for us.
    Female 53

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Be sure to read the labels on the TJ foods. TJ's is a health food store, but their foods don't always reflect PB healthy. I was looking for pesto with only olive oil, but all the varieties they had were also made with canola oil.

The fresh veggies and fruit were very nice!

Thanks Goldie. What about fish?
    Female 53

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Kathi, I don't know about fish. I was in Ohio on business and went to the TJ's there with a co-worker. I wasn't looking for meat or fish, I'd already gotten some. They have a nice local-to-Ohio "chain" (3 stores) called Dorothy Lane Markets, and I'd already gotten most of what I needed there.

We don't have a TJ's here in Utah yet; there's one going to open in Salt Lake City, but it's still under construction.

Well for the week my weight is down 1/2 pound. Not where I want it, but considering the travel and wine and yes I confess an allergy to excercise, I will take it. Put my pedometer on for the clinic today. Raining, so will try to do the Wii tonight if I have not hit 10,000 steps. Made a salad with romaine, chicken breast, blue cheese crumbles, red and orange bell peppers, cherry tomato, and balsamic for lunch. That with a clementine and iced tea will be my lunch.
    Female 53