Page 21 of 354 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc) page 21

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    With 4 boys and hubby, I used to cook a lot of starches to fill them up, so I can relate. Therefore, the transition with The current two will be interesting. Slept well (was only up an hour). Now catching up drinking coffee and fixing to get moving and packing. It's easier today as I know what I need and what I will wear - thank goodness for shopping trip last visit. I now have professional clothes that fit, of course I'm hoping they get baggy ala Siobhan!

Better get moving.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Well the grocery list show down happened.

With a whine, "you didn't go to the grocery store."

I didn't need anything from the store.

"we are out of soda and pizza and hot pockets, I left you a list."

if you want it, you shop for it, we are going to eat healthier - you were off yesterday and you are off today.

And my personal favorite- "You aren't trying to feed us healthy, you are just feeding yourself healthy."

I didn't hear you complaining about all the cooking I did this week.

"it will be gone before you get back"

Two days, really? And conversation stopped. So we shall see what has happened when I get back.
    Last edited by Pedidoc; 09-14-2012 at 07:51 AM.
    Female 53

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I was just talking about a related topic with a friend - how adult children often have trouble with the transition from constant parental vigilance and, let's face it, worry, to a more laid-back approach. Which seems to come more naturally to the parent than to the child! For instance when they 12 mos. old you worry when they poop - you worry when they don't poop - presumably you don't think about this too much when they are 25. My friend has a son who is 32 and lives in London, visits less than a week per year. He is allergic to dogs and cats. Well, my friend and her husband just gleefully adopted a cat and a dog from the shelter and all is going wonderfully - they are well-behaved animals and bringing them a lot joy. But her son was horrified. "I can't visit you now." "You can stay in the cottage." (They have a lovely guest cottage on their property.) "I can't believe you got animals!" "Son, I'm going to put this bluntly. Your needs are not uppermost in our minds these days. You have a home of your own." He just visited with his family and grudgingly admitted that it worked out fine AND his own two sons are not allergic and ADORED the animals. My friend was a little disappointed in him, though. It never seemed to occur to him to be happy for them, his parents, or to think of their needs. Maybe that is just hoping for too much. Anyway, just another facet of the parent-child relationship.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Funny, it was both DS and DH whining about the lack of grocery shopping.
    Female 53

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Well, husbands can often be just big kids! And for some reason I am thinking that your hub at least knows deep down that he should be doing what you are doing.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Oh gosh --- I'm in that transitional place with my son right now. he's 26, still living at home - but is supposed to be working on either buying a home (and renting out his spare rooms) or getting his own apartment. He works 40 minutes away - and needs to be closer to his job! Plus, I need to have him out of the house. He's a great guy - suffers from social anxiety - but extremely intellegent and responsible. His isn't the greatest at communication so I have to pull the information out of him or I don't know what is happening. I think since he is living under our roof - and not paying rent that he should at least keep me informed of his progress to move out! He was very upset that he would have to put in a lot of overtime this week --- when I said it would be great for his paycheck he told me "screw the money, it messes up my plans!" UH......... what plans? I said, what? computer games all evening? He told me he has a lot of things going on and does more than play computer games. He must have some social online liffe that I know nothing about because he certainly doesn't have a real social life. He goes to work in the morning and comes homes right after work. On the weekends he does some shopping and laundry. ???? what plans? I asked him to tell me about his plans and he said, "uh, no......." So --- time for sonny boy to find his own place to live! Time for momma to do some transitioning into empty-nesting!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I hear you, Tomi!
    Last edited by Pedidoc; 09-14-2012 at 10:24 PM.
    Female 53

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Well, husbands can often be just big kids! And for some reason I am thinking that your hub at least knows deep down that he should be doing what you are doing.
    Siobhan I know you are right, but it is hard being the "fall guy"!
    Female 53

So yesterday was a comedy of errors! Got to the airport, checked my bag, and then stepped in a huge puddle. So now I've got wet shoes and they start to rub. Bandaid application, stood in long line for security, had a primal bite at my favorite airport place. Went to gate, flight showing 10 minute delay. Gate change announcement, walked to new gate, Bandaids not working, can feel heels getting chewed up. They are boarding a different flight at that gate. Pouring rain out of no where - thought hope my bag is under cover. Can see my plane sitting waiting for gate to open up. Seriously can't people load faster? Finally time to get in line, heels are now bleeding, get settled, everyone on. Now they decide they need more fuel since there is bad weather in EP. More delay an hour and a half late we finally take off! While waiting have an assistant put a sign on my door because of course I can't get in touch with two of my meetings. Land, hobble to rental car counter and it takes forever - car not ready, second attempt not there, finally get done. Then since the bags had been out had to wait for mine to get to me - sure enough the zipper is wet. Contemplate riding suitcase to car but can't figure out how, so limp my way out. Stop at the hotel, check in - they don't put me on requested floor (seriously, I've been at the same hotel every month this year and they still don't know my preferences), but I'm in a hurry so don't complain. Take shoes off in elevator, get to room and no refrigerator (one of my asthma medications needs to be refrigerated). Open suitcase and dress pants I need to wear Saturday are wet, hang up clothes, put on flip flops, stop at front desk to ask about fridge (oh, you are a priority Mrs. Basset Hound, I will see if we have one, seriously I know it's on my profile and why I need one). Start to drive to campus and it starts to rain cats and dogs - did it follow me? Did find parking right across from the main entrance of my building, ran through rain, found my meeting waiting in the faculty lounge. Very productive meeting. Then had to meet with assistant who can't do minutes - came to a tentative understanding, fingers crossed. Checked to see if the instructor who was teaching got in okay or if I needed to start class. She did, so back to office to start on a mountain of tasks. Dinner run at 8 pm, last meeting of the day started at 930, finally back to hotel at 1130. Lights off at midnight and now I'm up - tired, but can't sleep. Need to leave hotel by 7, hungry - what can I find that's primal and quick as I start class at 8? I finish teaching at 830 tonight, pack up, collapse at hotel, leave Sunday to go home.
    Female 53

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Isn't bi'ness travel fun and glamorous! I swear my coworkers think I go on vacation every time I travel. Ugh. Hope the trip home is better for you.

DC
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5