Page 20 of 379 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc) page 20

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I hope your patient load isn't a portent of my future...something about going back to school really brings out the kids!

All this meat is making me practically drool on my keyboard. And that is not good for the keyboard!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Trying to (1) clean out freezer space and (2) leave enough real food for the "boys" when I'm gone Friday-Sunday. I've managed to just ignore the grocery list they left me. No comments from either one yet. I'm waiting to see what happens when they run out of soda! We had several wheezers yesterday, so I'm thinking You might get busy too. of course it's job security!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Pork loin was great. Had it with peppers. Drinking quite a bit of green tea with pomegranate that I've been brewing.
    Female 53

tomi is online now Senior Member
    YUMMY! can I come to your house for dinner!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Sure, next week it will be grass fed natural meat from CSA!
    Female 53

Well I'm up again - this time because something up set my stomach. I'm thinking maybe the peppers, but I'm not sure. There isn't much to pick from and I don't want to think its the virus going around. One of the perils of pediatrics is you are exposed to everything - my hands look like a 80 year olds with all the washing and hand sanitizer I use!

Mom update - I think she and by extension my dad are going to try PB. She wants me to come help her clean out her pantry - something I've not done because of the "boys." I think what makes sense to her is that her parents lived on a farm for a while and my dads parents raised grass fed beef and had a huge garden and blackberries they canned/froze/ate fresh all year long from. Her mother lived to be in 80s - self sufficient until the last 2 years (stroke), his mother lived until 80s (self sufficient until broken hip) and his dad lived to be 102 (self sufficient until last 10 and then still lived in his own home with older son and his wife doing all the chores). Unfortunately my mother's dad was exposed to radiation pulling the "pig" through the pipeline to unclog the sludge in west Texas oil and died of leukemia in his 60s.

So I need to put her pantry in my calendar. I've got mine in my calendar and my closet too. I need to find a food bank to take the food to. Maybe I'm pesemistic, but my good work clothes that are too big will be put in storage containers in my closet and my smaller sizes gotten out of the same containers. Casual stuff and shoes I've not worn in a while will go to the lady who cleans my house. She takes them to her relatives, who appreciate the help. Although she has come to clean a few times in shorts and t-shirts that were formally mine.

I've got to go to the clinic today, so being up kind of sucks as I will be exhausted later. I'm glad I don't have an early flight Friday! Will get up, do the morning thing, and pack before heading out to the airport at 1030.

I've not heard anything from the local university. I had thought I would have heard something by now - even a thanks but no thanks, but nothing. On a more positive side, I've had offers from two single female friends to stay in their homes when I'm in EP. I will try one in November (yup, I'm going to end up traveling every month this year) and the other in January. If it works out, I will not have a hotel bill and other than picking up some groceries, my food bill will be lower since I will be able to cook.

Okay enough early morning rambling. Will try and get another hour or so of sleep before getting up to put ribs in timed to start oven, getting ready for work, and coffee!
    Female 53

Clinic was ridiculously busy. Ribs were yummy when I got home. Glass of wine, laundry, gathered books and paper work for tomorrow. The boys are plowing through all the meat I've cooked to the point I think they will run out before I cook more! Still no word from them on grocery list. I'm going to finish off the mango tonight and get some rest.

Update: one of the boys finished the mango while I was at the clinic so I had to suffer through 2 squares of dark chocolate.
    Last edited by Pedidoc; 09-13-2012 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Update
    Female 53

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Update: one of the boys finished the mango while I was at the clinic so I had to suffer through 2 squares of dark chocolate.
    You have my sincere sympathies....... how positively horrid!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    You have my sincere sympathies....... how positively horrid!
    It was, it was...........
    Female 53

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    One of my friends married a man with three teenage boys and she used to tell me stories about the amount of meat/food they would consume - it was incredible! On one memorable occasion she came home to find they had cooked and eaten 12 pounds of ground beef. Every Friday she used to cook 4 lbs of pasta with pesto sauce - just for snacks, to keep them from eating through the entire pantry. It would be gone by Sunday night. On the positive side, she said she felt like the world's greatest cook for a few years!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold