Page 2 of 384 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc) page 2

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    How do you do it? You must have super energy levels! Good on you for staying primal.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    I do take vitamins. Also I slept like a rock until 0900 this morning and then lounged in bed until 1000. I've got more energy on PB. So far this morning coffee. DH is off, so he is firing up the grill and I'm having him cook a bunch of hamburger patties - enough to freeze for easy meals later on. I've got some squash to grill (for me) also. They will have potato salad, ff, and cole slaw. I will have some coleslaw with vinegar dressing and maybe a few onion rings for my 20%. Got to balance the checkbook, pay bills, and work on one of the papers I've got due in the next few days. Hopefully will get done in time to have movie night (at home) with DH.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Adult kids, what do you do with them when they persist in doing stupid things?? 21 year old was stopped doing >100 on the freeway and oh by the way DWI. He is sitting in county lock up right now. This is his second trip this year. First for possession around Easter. He spent 3 days in jail before he found a friend to bail him out. Are we mean parents since we don't rush to post bail? He's the type who never listened to what we tried to tell him, always thought he knew better, always had the attitude he could do what he wanted and not get in trouble......So we have a standing policy for all the boys. You get in trouble...you do the time. This of course means he will loose his job, because he is still in jail. He swore after he got out last time that he would not do anything to go back. We've talked to him until we are blue in the face about drinking and driving. So bad parents or not, he will have to get himself out of this mess. My brain says we are doing the right thing, but my heart hurts.

Yesterday was going so well too. Slow at the clinic only 18. Then my birthday dinner (delayed due to schedules) with my parents, DH, and DS#2 at a local Italian place. The waiter picked up real quick that I don't due grains and substituted salad for the pasta and suggested a chicken breast with mushrooms, bacon, and cream sauce with a side of grilled veggies. Good food, great companions, and animated discussions. Home to relax, then sleeping peacefully until the 3am phone call.

Today I need to work on my papers that are due. I'm glad I've got a spa day scheduled this afternoon (massage, mani, pedi) that was my gift from my parents. Hopefully it will work off some of the stress from son's issue.
    Last edited by Pedidoc; 07-06-2012 at 07:36 AM.
    Female 53

I am so sorry to hear this. My sister has a similar issue with one of her adult sons. One of those times with no good answers and no platitudes that help. She does the same - he lands in jail, he has to stay. And it is strange, her other two sons have never set a foot wrong. Life is weird. So we control the things we can - like eating primal. Enjoy your spa day, how fortuitous!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Thanks Siobhan. It was very relaxing and just being able to tell someone helps. I'm beginning to think my journal is a conversation between the two of us. I'm flying out Monday for my FT job. I've got two days to write two boring papers and run assorted errands. Staying primal, staying strong!
    Female 53

Oldest son sent me a text saying he bailed his brother out of jail. He didn't want him to loose his job. Part of me is relieved that he is no longer in lock up (so why can I still not sleep) and part of me is worried about what will he do next (probably why I can't sleep). All of the emotional turmoil has made it difficult to concentrate on anything else. I'm significantly behind on my homework and grading for my students. I had too much wine last night - need to cut back or I will never loose weight. I also slacked off on the Wii and hula hoop, just did not have the energy to face them. On the plus side when I was getting my manicure, we noticed that the deep side to side creases in both my thumb nails were gone. I've had them for years and they were there 4 weeks ago. Not sure what part of primal eating cured them, but it's a nice side effect.
    Female 53

Didn't want to get up this morning. Probably because I was up from 2-5 am. Got pork chops and spices in the crock pot for dinner, finishing a cup of coffee, contiplating going back to bed. Working on homework seems overwhelming right now. Next week is packed full when I'm out of town. The following week I'm in a workshop all day Monday- Thursday. Flying home Thursday late, then DH high school friends get in on Friday and stay until Sunday. I've got Monday to recover, then clinic Tuesday, pack Wednesday and fly out again Thursday for 12 days. No wonder I start to feel like I'm on a hamster wheel! I'm getting my paperwork together to apply for a local faculty position. While it means no tuition discount for son, it's offset by no travel for me. Financially it's about even. Keeping fingers crossed!
    Female 53

I didn't take that nap I wanted yesterday because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight. Went to sleep like a rock at 10 and up again at 0230. Tried laying there for a while, tried reading a couple of chapters on my kindle and now up catching up on MDA. If I'm needing less sleep, it would be nice to sleep until 5-6 and then wake up. Usually around 6 I can go back to sleep for about 2-3 hours. So I'm getting between 7-8 hours each night. I really can't stay up later, I'm tired by 10, so I'm not sure what the answer is. Trying melatonin - not seeing a difference. Probably will add magnesium again and see if that helps. Stayed primal Saturday, but did not move - I'm in a funk I think. Must snap out of it.
    Female 53

Your schedule is incredible! You have to give yourself a lot of credit for doing all that you do you do! I'm probably no one to comment on this, but maybe your oldest son will have more luck helping his brother to straighten out than you as a parent. I've seen this with my friends's children. Brothers can smack each other upside the head like no one else can.

I have found with my own journal that is takes a while for people to find you, and as long as you keep posting and moving it up to the top people will read it. There are a lot of lurkers out there, too, which is great because I am sure they are being motivated by our efforts.

Having just come off an incredibly busy time in my own life, I will be sending best wishes your way to not just get through your schedule but to enjoy it and be productive as well. And I will try to do the same!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks Siobhan! You are probably right about brother "love.". I just hope and pray he starts to think before he does something. He did deactivate his Facebook account, so I'm thinking he is trying to distance himself from bad news friends. I try to give myself credit for all I'm juggling, but there are days it seems to come down to is there something I can eat for dinner and we are out of dog food!

Productive day today. Leftover pork chops with small amount of brown rice - I know but when I'm studying, I seem to need some carbs. Then balanced the checkbook , transcribed a 20 minute taped interview for class this week, and did random assorted chores (such as laundry) getting ready to pack this evening. Packing everything I will need for 11 days in 2 different locations and covering everything I will be doing is a bit daunting. I've packed some protein powder and bars for emergency eating. I notified the workshop (they are providing lunches) that I'm gluten and grain sensitive (thought it was the easiest way to try and get primal food). I've got my lap top, school/work folders, books, thumb drives, and cords packed. Just need to figure out clothing. Looks like rain is a probability, highs from 80-100+, a mix of business casual, casual, and travel easy will be needed. Of course making sure stuff fits (not falling off loose or too tight because I'm not quite there) is always a challenge.

Yesterday I slow roasted a 9.5 pound pork shoulder for my DH's reunion weekend when I get back. Shredded it up and froze it. The first night I plan a taco/nacho/salad bar (there will be plenty of primal choices for me to have a BAS Mexican style). I did make a chocolate cake by request and froze it too. Will be making primal peach cobbler, fruit salad, and egg/bacon breakfast casserole when I get home.

It's times like this that I'm thankful I raised 4 boys, because planning the next few weeks is like planning an invasion-detail, detail, detail. I used to joke that planning a family vacation was like moving a small army. Not only did we have our 6, but usually 2-3 girlfriends and/or friends tagged along too. Okay off to pick out outfits and start packing. I want to be able to watch the next food network star tonight. Can't eat what they cook, but can enjoy the personalities!
    Female 53

Page 2 of 384 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast