Page 182 of 277 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2766

Thread: Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc) page 182

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    No, I really think Pedidoc has more hours than the rest of us. At least I console myself with that thought!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Kikiperpie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    No, I really think Pedidoc has more hours than the rest of us. At least I console myself with that thought!
    She certainly seems to GSD!
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    I'm obsessive about scheduling things in my iPad calendar. I don't always do everything, sometimes I shift stuff around depending on my mood. A good example is I've not finished cleaning my office or reorganizing the kitchen. In my defense, I need to be in the correct mood to do those tasks. When I'm in the zone, it's fun and gets done quickly.
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Kikiperpie is offline Senior Member
    I agree about the mood thing. Some days I procrastinate over everything and others I could tackle everything. If I need a little extra motivation I put on some music and that helps. Just had a flashback to my childhood, if mum asked my sister and I to tidy our rooms we would spin round like WonderWoman and then do the task really fast. Might try that today.
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Well I made it to almost 0400 sleeping. That's 3 hours more than the last 2 nights! I'm sure my schoolwork is weighing on my mind. I must complete my research proposal presentation today, as it has to be posted. That leaves my curriculum development presentation on accreditation influencing curriculum - which is not something I'm passionate about. I've done all the research - just need to put together a "fun" interactive 30 minutes following the vague rubric.

So today proposal presentation and tomorrow CD. Dinner tonight steak, kale, oven potatoes. I predict at least an hour nap in my future today and will start setting out stuff to pack. It's easier if it's all cohorted into one area.

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Are you feeling really well? How does the area look?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Are you feeling really well? How does the area look?
    Granulated over. No packing for almost a week. The PS was pleased. I'm draggy, tired, hurt off and on. By the evening I'm really ready for a whole T3 and bed at 9. I wake up and take a 1/2 5-6 hours later. I'm trying to do 2 extra strength Tylenol every 6 hours during the day - I've got to drive starting Monday and can't be using narcotics!

I've been more 20% than 80 last week, so I need to get back to eating cleaner and I'm sure I will get my energy back.

Went back to bed and slept another 5 hours. Maybe, no nap today? I'll probably fade about 3-4pm, as usual. That's not going to work at school! Will need to figure out how to ward off sleepiness.

I'm having coffee and then will work on homework. I'll bring all my stuff back to the family room and work with Food Network on. Ever since doing my MSN, post-MSN, and first doctorate with all 4 boys home and at one point a friend with her 18 month old living in our old house, I can't do homework in quiet! DS#4 was 9 months when I started my MSN, he is 20 now - so it's been a looong journey!

Dinner will be steak and oven cooked potatoes (sliced about 1/4" and tossed with melted butter, cooked at 425 for an hour) with sautéed kale. I've got some bacon grease I will cook it in. Simple salt and pepper on steak cooked to MR. I will probably have a glass (maybe 2) of Chardonnay so pretty close to 100%! When it gets cooler, I will switch to Malbec or other red wine. I just think it's too heavy for 100 degrees.

Thinking about brewing my own booch. I've been reading Paleo Manifesto (thanks Sio) and need to get more fermented stuff into my diet. I also need to have Tara bread dough in the fridge, so if I feel a pizza craving (yup, caved yesterday) I can make my own. When I read that gluten has narcotic like properties that make it addicting and hard to kick, it makes sense to me. It's not bread (it was always a vehicle for good butter for me), it's pizza crust. I like that PM says potato and white rice are okay. That means I can find GF substitutes for some things. I may get the dudes eating that way at home with good alternatives!

Okay, rambling and obviously procrastinating getting to my homework. I'm going to give myself another 45 minutes and then get started. Will let you know how it goes.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I order this sauerkraut Hengstenberg Sauerkraut, Bavarian Style, 24 Ounce (Pack of 12): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

It is superb with everything!! Add a dollop of Dijon mustard to whatever meat you're having, a forkful of sauerkraut, delish!!!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Brewing your own booch is a lot of fun. I'm splitting my SCOBYs in two today, and I'm absurdly excited! And, of course, it is delicious!