Page 173 of 337 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 3368

Thread: Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc) page 173

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yes, we were cyberbullies! And proud of it!

My hospital (no naming names) is just as bad or worse with diet. Honestly, it is practically criminal. I looked at a
    'diabetic' meal once. Toast. Jam with fake sugar. Corn flakes. Skim milk. Uh...loaded with carbs...diabetic...insulin...you don't need a degree in anything to know that is all wrong.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Showered, hair washed. When I pulled packing, it was not wicking correctly and I had a large spurt of old blood (better out than in!). Let it drain in shower. Repacked and dressed. I'm calling the PS office tomorrow, as I think they need to look at it. Have asked mom for a ride. Chin is doing better post facial massage. She is going to do a 30 minute face, neck, shoulder massage Tuesday when I go get my pedicure.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Slept okay. Still getting used to getting comfortable on my sides. Waiting until doctor's office opens to call. Not sure if we can resolve over the phone or if I have to go in.

Leftovers for dinner. The refrigerator is seriously full!

Nothing but reading planned for today. Depends on what PS office says. Feeling pretty lazy - of course I just got up!
    Female 53

Called doctor's office. Nurse isn't in. Doctor will be in late today. They want me to change packing 3 times before noon - talk about self inflicted pain!
    Female 53

tomi is offline Senior Member
    sorry you are having to go through this tough time. It will all be worth it in the long run.........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Kikiperpie is offline Senior Member
    Ouch! Lamaze breathing and pain killers although I'm probably too late in offering you my tuppence worth. Was thinking you should just pour yourself a gin and tonic and now find myself curiously craving one.
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikiperpie View Post
    Ouch! Lamaze breathing and pain killers although I'm probably too late in offering you my tuppence worth. Was thinking you should just pour yourself a gin and tonic and now find myself curiously craving one.
    Doing breathing (all 4 sons were natural births). I'm not fond of the smell of gin - too flowery. Now vodka - that's different, just not drinking it right now.
    Female 53

Talked to them at noon and I'm to send pictures at next dressing change. Napped 2 hours, changed dressing, and snapped pics. Called and they got them. Now I wait.
    Female 53

Kikiperpie is offline Senior Member
    As a medical professional do you feel they are dealing with you appropriately? From here it's hard to tell. Are you ok with sending pics and waiting? I hope you are in regular phone contact!
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

I'm okay with sending pics, its nothing I haven't asked parents to do for me. I mean how can I diagnose a rash over the phone? A pic helps immensely.

The office called back and the PS said to change packing every 8 hours. Part of the problem is getting compression garment re-hooked and zipped. Today I had on looser one, but will change tonight to the new tighter one. If I feel the need I can go in to the office tomorrow. Will call in the morning with an update.

Dinner is leftovers. I may do a glass of wine while watching The Voice. After all the dressing changes, I think I deserve it......
    Female 53